F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1258 Posts

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
@sleipnir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Much appreciated! Sounds really deep and throaty without the rasp. Its like it wants to add that extra deep note you get from two extra cylinders.

Are you running the resonator or no? I think I read youre not.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,203
Much appreciated! Sounds really deep and throaty without the rasp. Its like it wants to add that extra deep note you get from two extra cylinders.

Are you running the resonator or no? I think I read youre not.

I am running the resonator. I think it provides the needed muting, although it does kill the turbo spool a little bit.

·
Premium Member
5,665 Posts
I'm tempted, but since Sync is so integrated into my sound system, I'm just a touch wary. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,208
I'm tempted, but since Sync is so integrated into my sound system, I'm just a touch wary. Lol

Shouldn't matter. It's all UI stuff and shouldn't have any impact on your add-ons. You could always call up the audio shop and ask though.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,210
I think that @RMB_Ryan is gonna have to start funding my R&D efforts here, lol.
The truck was in a off-airport lot since Monday and it's been pretty cold around here, -30's over night. Truck wasn't plugged in and I was a little worried it would have a tough time starting. I cycled the key once out of shear habit (figured it would help with the return system and low side fuel pressure) and then gave it a shot. It fired up in the same amount of time as it normally does, just turned over a little slower.

So, another boxed checked on the RMB build, OE quality cold weather starts.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,211
I'm going to try and be a little more restrained in my budgeting for mods this year. These are what I would really like to get done in 2020.
  • Install Stiffler traction bars, just waiting on warmer weather
  • Finalize Audio Upgrade (Buy/install Amp and put sound deadening on back cab wall)
  • Gen 2 Raptor wheel
  • BDS 4" lift (use spacers and re-use my fox 2.5's)
I think that's about it.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
What the hell else can you modify? Don't forget you have a transmission build 😆

Make sure you check and double check drive line angles and shim accordingly before the install. You want it much tighter since there will be very limited pinion movement. I got my rear angle -1 from the front with the bars installed, on the ground. It might rotate a little bit under WOT. -2 would be max you want. I would aim for -1 though.

·
Premium Member
5,665 Posts
That Raptor Wheel has me watching from the front row

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,214
That Raptor Wheel has me watching from the front row

It’s one I’m looking forward to as it will make it more comfortable behind the wheel every time I drive it.

I have a set of wheel switch pack boards that @mtxpert made up. Trying to source the wheel as cheap as possible. The rest of the parts are actually pretty cheap.

Hopefully I’ll be showing it off by summer.

·
Vendor
7,242 Posts
I'm going to try and be a little more restrained in my budgeting for mods this year. These are what I would really like to get done in 2020.
  • Install Stiffler traction bars, just waiting on warmer weather
  • Finalize Audio Upgrade (Buy/install Amp and put sound deadening on back cab wall)
  • Gen 2 Raptor wheel
  • BDS 4" lift (use spacers and re-use my fox 2.5's)
I think that's about it.
Cams

·
Premium Member
5,665 Posts
He is right though. I am very interested in doing a set of the "mild" cams.

I'll have "before" numbers on Thursday...
You would have fit in perfectly with the muscle car guys in that Era. I remember watching fellas throw the hood up on their perfectly running street machine and start dismantling it to try out a different valve spring, rocker arm, cam......

I was usually someone's little brother's buddy and they'd tolerate us hanging as long as we stayed out of the way.

Anyways, yea, you'd be one of them. Except these modern double overhead cam motors with vvt and turbos are a lot more intricate.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,219
That literally was my Dad. He had a ‘62 Vette and had two complete rear ends for it. He would swap them out for drag racing or cruising.

1201 - 1220 of 1258 Posts