F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 1440 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,381
If you're talking about me, I'm not out of stock. Plenty of harnesses and circuit boards ready to go.
Awesome, I had read around that time that you were waiting on a few more folks to jump into a group buy.
A few folks have asked and I just point them to your site to get the latest info/availability.

·
Registered
553 Posts
That was like right off the bat on the first 10 which was SUPER EXPENSIVE. After that I invested in larger lots of the circuit boards. If somebody else wants to dive into this market just realize the FIRST pair of circuit boards with engineering and fees was $6K.... Yes I have a $6500 steering wheel in my truck. :D

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,383
I'll have to post up a log, but so far things are looking great with the WG actuator and mount change. Even with a little more boost being commanded, everything is in check. Now the question is, do I run out of Turbo or Injector first, lol.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I'll have to post up a log, but so far things are looking great with the WG actuator and mount change. Even with a little more boost being commanded, everything is in check. Now the question is, do I run out of Turbo or Injector first, lol.
I call your bluff

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,385
Only having DI with stock injectors, will be a limiting factor. I'm just not sure with my altitude if the turbos will be too far past their efficiency range first.

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
Lol

Yaw crazy.
I'd dare say that this specific truck is SO WELL dialed in, that any efforts at this point to extract additional power is faced with the law of diminished returns on the investment.

Having said that, I'm not poopooing the tenacity to do so. In fact I admire it. But still........ Yaw crazy

By the way, the Full Race cat-back exhaust system I suddenly acquired is on its way. Tell me, is it going to be loud? What I mean is, with oem downpipes and the resonator included, can I hope for only a negligible amount of exhaust sound encroaching into my sound deadened cab at cruise?

I don't mind a little bark when it's time to BOOST, but I would love to keep my quiet cruise in the cabin.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,388
Lol

Yaw crazy.
I'd dare say that this specific truck is SO WELL dialed in, that any efforts at this point to extract additional power is faced with the law of diminished returns on the investment.

Having said that, I'm not poopooing the tenacity to do so. In fact I admire it. But still........ Yaw crazy

By the way, the Full Race cat-back exhaust system I suddenly acquired is on its way. Tell me, is it going to be loud? What I mean is, with oem downpipes and the resonator included, can I hope for only a negligible amount of exhaust sound encroaching into my sound deadened cab at cruise?

I don't mind a little bark when it's time to BOOST, but I would love to keep my quiet cruise in the cabin.

I’m honestly just playing with it at this point. I think you are correct that diminishing returns is a fact at this point. It’s not a racing truck by any means.

If I can make a few tweaks via tune, then great. Other than the motor itself being capable of more, all my “accessories”’are pretty well matched. If I add to one area, it means something else needs to be done to work with it. As a example, bigger turbos mean more fuel needed.

I’m basically looking at cams as a spend, that’s about it. The 60% HPFP is also a possibility, but that cost can be offset with the sale of my 35% HPFP.

Any more than that and I’m diving into injectors at a minimum and I just don’t wanna do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,389
Lol

Yaw crazy.

So to get to your question about the FR cat-back. I have heard quite a few of the “common” options in person, I can honestly say this is the most “well-mannered” option I have heard. I’m 100% sure there are other ways of approaching the whole exhaust thing that would provide a desirable result, but few would look as good as the FR system doing it.

Throw it on, give it some time to settle in. The tone will get deeper and a little more mellow.

It’s all subjective, so if you don’t like it, pull it off and be happy.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Do your center console gear selector buttons still work?
Do you have to use the adaptive cruise switchpack?

I've wanted this but haven't done the homework, need to research more because I'm still confused.
Daaang I thought the harness would be about half that...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Lol

Yaw crazy.

Your “neighbor” will shaking his Great Foam can now. Haha

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
Your “neighbor” will shaking his Great Foam can now. Haha

Lol

If it's that loud, my neighbor won't get a chance. I'll do it before him/her.

(In an effort to not be a hypocrite, I am a noise maker with a couple of motorcycles I have. [most are quiet] I do stay out of the throttle in the appropriate situations, but when out on the road, you WILL hear me coming)

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,394

I've wanted this but haven't done the homework, need to research more because I'm still confused.
Yup, the console buttons still work, you basically “T” into them.

You have to you the Adaptive Cruise switchpack so that the cruise buttons are in the proper configuration.

It’s really straight forward to install with Mike’s kit.

·
Vendor
7,368 Posts
Lol

Yaw crazy.

One word...

Resonator

Perfect exhaust with it

·
Registered
553 Posts

It's not a harness, it's custom circuit boards and two harnesses. You couldn't do this with a harness, the controls are completely different. Took me months and $$$$$$$$$$$ to get it figured out with engineering costs, initial run of circuit boards etc.

If you go to my website there's videos, instructions etc about how it works and what it does.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,397
@snakebitten did you get it installed yet????

I’ve been rebuilding the back deck on the house, so not much going on with the truck other than some minor tune tweaking. Getting more boost for sure, but the 35% pump is struggling to keep up on the bottom. May need to make a change sooner than expected.

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts

I’ve been rebuilding the back deck on the house, so not much going on with the truck other than some minor tune tweaking. Getting more boost for sure, but the 35% pump is struggling to keep up on the bottom. May need to make a change sooner than expected.

I received the package at home, so the kids tell me. :)

So, that's a negative on installing. I haven't even been home to open the box.

And you should know by now that even if I was home, unlike you and your get-r-done methods, I'm likely to procrastinate?

Although I'm kinda excited about this because I really appreciate high end products. Bucket-list stuff, if you know what I mean. So I might get it done soon.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts

I’d like to hear more about the pump not keeping up. What limits are you seeing?

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,400
I’d like to hear more about the pump not keeping up. What limits are you seeing?
On a 3rd year WOT test pull. I see desired fuel pressure dip to about 1600psi, when commanded is roughly 2200psi between 3100 and 3300rpm. Commanded is a bit higher than OEM with the XDI pump, I think OEM would be around 2000psi at that RPM range.
It’s not a drastic dip by any means and I should do some “real world” test logging. This may not be a issue under regular WOT downshifts.

Anyway, I would be happier if it was meeting commanded as I would still have some ceiling for more boost and/or for higher e-content.

There are a few things we could try in tuning to reduce the boost demand at the lower RPM, but not sure how much work it would mean.

1381 - 1400 of 1440 Posts