F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 1614 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,521
Also Blown, what PSI are you running in your off road tires? I think harder tires contribute to it, and also your knobby tires probably are not helping either.

Stock FX tires are 32. We have a lot of weight, i beleive it is around 80lbs, yours are more and mike on 22s is probably high too.
Running low PSI for Load E tires, but high for traction and launches. I’m usually around 32psi in the front and 30psi in the rear when testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
I may just be in a different spot with a truck that sits 2.5” higher in the rear and 34” tires. But I have had wheel hop issues for a long time.

One of my friends said he used to get wheel hop on at’s. I haven’t personally ran anything but a street or winter tire.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yikes! Your warnings have been noted. I don't have as much power to the wheels yet, but I get gnarly wheel hop every time I stab it in 1st. Even from a 15 mph roll. I've been procrastinating on a Raptor rear axle and Deavers to fix it. Also on 34" AT's for the record

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,526
Yikes! Your warnings have been noted. I don't have as much power to the wheels yet, but I get gnarly wheel hop every time I stab it in 1st. Even from a 15 mph roll. I've been procrastinating on a Raptor rear axle and Deavers to fix it. Also on 34" AT's for the record
Eliminate the wheel hop or start saving pennies, lol.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Yes, but it was tune related. once I switched to GH and BK, no slippage felt.
I figured you were going to say that, lol. I wish I could see mine without taking it apart.

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,531
The trans from RMB is on route but stuck in customs, so may be a while before it gets here. I promised my boy I would take him camping this weekend, so I got creative. I don’t like to break promises.

Found a trans out of a wreck (2014 Eco 4x4) for $350 (that’s $227 in eagle freedom credits). I’m told it only has 66,000kms (40k miles) on it.

So @looqw dropped by with his truck and we went and grabbed it.

Fluid looks great, so things are looking up!

Hopefully I will be installing it tomorrow with a stock Torque Converter.

I’ll run it, until the built trans showed up.

Onward and upward!

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
The trans from RMB is on route but stuck in customs, so may be a while before it gets here. I promised my boy I would take him camping this weekend, so I got creative. I don’t like to break promises.

Found a trans out of a wreck (2014 Eco 4x4) for $350 (that’s $227 in eagle freedom credits). I’m told it only has 66,000kms (40k miles) on it.

So @looqw dropped by with his truck and we went and grabbed it.

Fluid looks great, so things are looking up!

Hopefully I will be installing it tomorrow with a stock Torque Converter.

I’ll run it, until the built trans showed up.

Onward and upward!

It's Friday and I want to see the pictures of you putting the other trans in 😂

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,534
It's Friday and I want to see the pictures of you putting the other trans in 😂
Whole family is sick, so I've cancelled the trip and effort of putting the junkyard trans in the truck. It looks like the shipment has been released, so maybe, just maybe the built trans will show up early next week.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Whole family is sick, so I've cancelled the trip and effort of putting the junkyard trans in the truck. It looks like the shipment has been released, so maybe, just maybe the built trans will show up early next week.
Sorry to hear the family is sick but hearing the trans cleared customs is even sicker

🤘🏻🤩🤘🏻

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
Well...... you kinda are

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
184 Posts
Four transmissions is not enough for one man, time for another. Wonder if you can make a 10r work 😂

Reactions: sleipnir
1521 - 1540 of 1614 Posts