F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 1614 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,295 Posts
The eagle has landed!

On a side note, my wife thinks I’m running some underground transmission shop, lol. (There is another trans and transfer case on the ground on the other side of the truck).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You used to have a nice garage floor 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,542
You used to have a nice garage floor 🤷🏻‍♂️
Thankfully, it will all be cleaned up again shortly and I the whole floor is getting re-coated next summer. The previous owners had a wall built between the double and single sides of the garage and I tore that down, so the floor doesn't match right now.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
184 Posts
HUGE thanks to @looqw for lending a hand tonight. Everything is in and the truck is up and running. Took it for a test drive to get it up to temp and topped of the trans fluid.It shifts really, really nicely.
No problem man! Glad it’s working nicely too 😎.

Reactions: Mikey_Ltd

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
You fellas are CRAZY. In a all-nighter kind of way.

Impressive

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
7,486 Posts
Things are looking good, but a few miles on it tonight.

One more round of checking and making sue everything is tight, then time to bring on the power.

You will enjoy.

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,549
Next up is to get the blocks out of the rear to drop it a bit and get the angle shims in for a nice pinion angle. Hopefully I can get it done today/tonight.

Then time to get the falls cleaning and fluid film applied to the underside of the truck.

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
This thing shifts awesome. Hard to describe, the shifts are firmer but smoother.

So, is there a post describing what's non-oem about your new 6R80?

Reactions: RMB_Ryan

·
Vendor
7,486 Posts
So, is there a post describing what's non-oem about your new 6R80?

On the 6r80

We use exedy stage 2 clutch packs, new oem seal kit, and TSS 300M billet intermediate shaft.

On the 10R80 custom friction rings and rayspestos clutches. Increased clutch and steel count. Oem seal kit

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,552 (Edited)
Well trans is working great. Went and did some playing and logging.

Truck is hitting 54#/min with 20.5* of advance timing, so should be making some solid power. Trans is just eating it up.

I tried a little launch with lower tire pressure and it was actually a pretty solid launch. So I’m hopeful that correcting the pinion angle will be the nail in the coffin on the wheel hop.

Made some adjustments for the Circle D, thanks to @WooBoost and @Boostking , it has made a noticeable improvement, especially on the 3rd gear lockup.

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,553
I pulled the rear blocks to get the truck more level and it looks much better IMO. At the same time, I added the Pinion shims to bring it "nose up" 2.5 degrees and it is sitting really nicely now. Just a little bit of deflection which is needed for the U-Joint.
After, I took the truck for a shakedown run last night and everything seems to be working great. I pulled the rear blocks to get the truck more level and it looks much better IMO.

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
I wanna SEE it.

Go into the woods somewhere and get a nice glamor shot.

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
I pulled the rear blocks to get the truck more level and it looks much better IMO. At the same time, I added the Pinion shims to bring it "nose up" 2.5 degrees and it is sitting really nicely now. Just a little bit of deflection which is needed for the U-Joint.
After, I took the truck for a shakedown run last night and everything seems to be working great. I pulled the rear blocks to get the truck more level and it looks much better IMO.
You're slowly catching on to what looks best ;)

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,556
I wanna SEE it.

Go into the woods somewhere and get a nice glamor shot.

It’s way too dirty for that right now! Maybe after I do the Ceramic coating, I’ll get some decent pics.

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,557
You're slowly catching on to what looks best ;)
The add a leaf raised the rear about 2”, so close to the same height in the rear as with a 4” lift kit. Same take as stock and just too much for me.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
We'll see how the truck does at the drag strip tomorrow. I'm still debating pulling a bunch of weight off of it and running OEM wheels/tires.
NO. Run it as is. You're not going to be weight reduction every day.

I will be going late oct/ early November!

Dont sit on the converter if running in 4x4. Wait to light changes green, start stalling and instally go. "Safest" way on trans!

1541 - 1560 of 1614 Posts