F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 1734 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,641
We are up and running folks! Took it for a quick shake-down run and everything seems OK, except for a squawk on the 3-4 shift under load. I did forget to update the solenoid strategy, so that’s done now and hopefully the cause of the noise.

Time will tell, but pretty happy so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Nice work! Hopefully you can get the new built trans back pretty quick

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
We are up and running folks! Took it for a quick shake-down run and everything seems OK, except for a squawk on the 3-4 shift under load. I did forget to update the solenoid strategy, so that’s done now and hopefully the cause of the noise.

Time will tell, but pretty happy so far.

Do you dare to 4x4 launch? :D

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
Incredible how little time goes by between pulling, repairing, and installing a tranny in your garage.

I still have a box I haven't opened. And a new set of plugs to drop in.

Just amazing

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Modinstrator
2,694 Posts
Incredible how little time goes by between pulling, repairing, and installing a tranny in your garage.

I still have a box I haven't opened. And a new set of plugs to drop in.

Just amazing

But you got the exhaust installed.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,650
Shifting really well still which is great. Put about 60 miles on it doing lots of shifting in manual. 3-4 shift noise is still there, but considerably less.

Light throttle shift, somewhere just under half throttle.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
Man, if you're spinning all of second gear on the big tires, you must be making serious steam.
Aw come on, you know this truck runs.

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
That looks really Stout and probably a good thing for folks using the diff on the street often.

I'm in 4A 100% of the time. I might fetch one of those just for feel-good. And I will actually open the box when it arrives. While I'm under there.....

Thanks for posting.

Edit: That's 10 miles from her place according to Google maps. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get my hands on one.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,658
That looks really Stout and probably a good thing for folks using the diff on the street often.

I'm in 4A 100% of the time. I might fetch one of those just for feel-good. And I will actually open the box when it arrives. While I'm under there.....

Thanks for posting.

Edit: That's 10 miles from her place according to Google maps. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get my hands on one.

Let me know how it goes. They say for 15+ only, so I may have to make one. Gotta find a bushing first the diff connection though.

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
If they have one ready for me to fetch, maybe I can draw up the measurements and you can figure out what might need to be altered?

If you're lucky, maybe just mounting holes are off a bit, or something else minor enough to alter one?

1641 - 1660 of 1734 Posts