F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 1734 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
You’d be the first guy that comes to my mind that may benefit from that.
Actually, anyone could benefit to some degree. Kind of like that Raptor rear tranny mount piece that gets rid of vibrations just because it's superior?

Same concept as adding shock tower braces, subframe braces, and various similar type chassis stiffener pieces on the Mazdarati.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Modinstrator
2,694 Posts
Actually, anyone could benefit to some degree. Kind of like that Raptor rear tranny mount piece that gets rid of vibrations just because it's superior?

Same concept as adding shock tower braces, subframe braces, and various similar type chassis stiffener pieces on the Mazdarati.

I said, he’d be the first guy that would come to my mind, not the only. Some guys would buy it and leave it in the box or put it on the shelf saving for the future but no doubt they could use it. 😂

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Im not understanding what the purpose of it is. The front diff is stationary? Who is damaging the front diff?

Also, do you lose the skid plate with it

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
I said, he’d be the first guy that would come to my mind, not the only. Some guys would buy it and leave it in the box or put it on the shelf saving for the future but no doubt they could use it.
I resemble that remark

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,667
If they have one ready for me to fetch, maybe I can draw up the measurements and you can figure out what might need to be altered?

If you're lucky, maybe just mounting holes are off a bit, or something else minor enough to alter one?

I’m not sure what would be different, but if it’s a decent price, it could be worth it to buy and modify

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,668
Im not understanding what the purpose of it is. The front diff is stationary? Who is damaging the front diff?

Also, do you lose the skid plate with it
The front diff is on rubber bushings and flexes.

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
I left a voice message for "Victor" regarding the transfer case brace. I also sent an email through the web portal. Below is his response and my further inquiry regarding the previous model F150. (pre-aluminum body)

In summary, he didn't have one ready for me to drop by and fetch today, but states he will Friday. (tomorrow?)

I'll let you know what he says about fitting one to your truck.

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
5,630 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
Here's his response Ryan to the question about your truck VS 15+

What do you think?

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
197 Posts
Here's his response Ryan to the question about your truck VS 15+

What do you think?

The 15+ trucks get all the good go fast parts! They don’t seem to care about our heavy old 12th gens haha

Reactions: Mikey_Ltd

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
What was the price?

He just messaged me and said he has a 2012 that he will check it against.

I'll post up what he says.

OH, and I'm pm'ing ya sir.

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
Here it is: image below

By the way, his name is Victor and his shop is really nice. Basically he caters to the turbocharged Coyote Aluminum F150 crowd. He says he got his start building pieces for the Chevy crowd, but when the Aluminum F150 showed up in 2015, his customer base suddenly grew exponentially.

I explained that I was surprised his hotrod customer base wasn't Ecoboost fellas. He smiled and said that those Chevy guys didn't switch to Ford because of the Ecoboost, but instead for the Aluminum truck. They're V8 guys first. Lol

There was one idling in one of the bays. And yea, our trucks don't sound like that. It was impressive.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
Isn't your truck stock? Do you race it? Did i miss something?
Maybe get one for myself if released for 11-14
Mine is stock/tuned. At Sea Level and 93 Octane, which is my everyday circumstance at home, I'm putting down ~440RWHP. And I'm in 4A almost always, because it's just so much better handling wise.

Still, I get your point, but the fella who makes them said exactly what I was thinking....... He called it "cheap insurance".

Besides, I love stuff like big sway bars, shock tower braces, subframe braces, crash protection, motor mounts, chassis stiffening.... You know, "real bolt-ons" lol

Edit : one is on the way to Calgary, so Ryan will be able to tell you IF it can easily be installed on pre-2015.

1661 - 1680 of 1734 Posts