F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1681 - 1700 of 1746 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,681
Little update. I have become a little too practiced at swapping and working on 6R80's. Since the last update, I decided that I would just go ahead and rebuild the "built" transmission myself and get it slapped back into the truck. I put in a new OEM one-way (just couldn't justify nearly 2g's for the billet version, sent my original case out for a cleaning and output shaft bearing replacement. Got all the part, built the transmission and swapped it into the truck. Everything worked out really well, except for a harsh 1-2 shift (was also harsh from 3-2, but not a common shift). I though maybe I messed something up in the rebuild of the valvebody or the lead frame was bad. So I swapped those out, with no luck. After doing some digging, I found that the "C" clutch is used on that shift and that I made the clearance of that clutch pack a little tighter during the rebuild (used a different basket). After messing around and also finding the 5-6 shift a touch harder than it should be (only other shift the C clutch is used for), I decided to rip it out and adjust the clearance.

I started at 9am this morning, trans was on the ground by 10:30am. Trans was pulled apart, adjusted and re-assembled by 11:50am. I took a break for lunch and to take a couple work calls. Hopefully, I'll have a smile on my face by super time.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
If only your rapidly acquired experience/expertise was 10r80, rather than.... Lol

You're a maniac, in a good way.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Dang, I love that truck!

And honestly, even when I finally complete my "bucket-list build", I would be happy to just have similar numbers but with a relaxed and overbuilt longblock for achieving it.

Anything between 500-550 RWHP, yet understressed, would be wicked for this old man.

Great picture, by the way

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,687
There is more in it for sure, but not sure if I care at this point for how well it drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,691
Trans issues seems to be all sorted out. It worked really well and now has almost 500 miles on it already.

I did overfill the trans fluid by about half a quart, so I had to take some out.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,692
Weather window is closing fast in these parts. I went out to do some testing prior to getting the front diff brace.

Street tires certainly lead to a better time, but still can’t launch above 2000rpm without a little hop.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,693
So @full-race geoff confirmed mine and @Mikey_Ltd thoughts about the Catted DP's being a restriction at this power level. I doubt I'll do much about it, but good to know.

Gotta love the Full Race intercooler set up and BOV doing it's job! This was the first pull after a 3 hour hwy cruise up to the Dyno in fairly cool and humid weather. You can see the condensation evacuate after the pull. It didn't do this on the subsequent pulls.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Did you just say your pursuit for...... HP, TQ, lb/min,...... or whatever other measurement we can use,.......... has concluded?

Does your wife know? I mean, that you won't be raising the hood anymore, or climbing underneath.

It's just consumables from here on out!

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,695
Did you just say your pursuit for...... HP, TQ, lb/min,...... or whatever other measurement we can use,.......... has concluded?

Does your wife know? I mean, that you won't be raising the hood anymore, or climbing underneath.

It's just consumables from here on out!

You never know what's on the horizon...but right now I can't see swapping out a exhaust that I spent nearly $2500 on. Especially when I think it's the best sounding option out there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So @full-race geoff confirmed mine and @Mikey_Ltd thoughts about the Catted DP's being a restriction at this power level. I doubt I'll do much about it, but good to know.

Gotta love the Full Race intercooler set up and BOV doing it's job! This was the first pull after a 3 hour hwy cruise up to the Dyno in fairly cool and humid weather. You can see the condensation evacuate after the pull. It didn't do this on the subsequent pulls.

I wouldn’t choose any other setup but full race and tial. I think its setup perfect for our applications. Definitely my favourite upgrade on my truck in the engine bay area

Once i seen your exhaust velocity being like how mine was before my setup i thought it might be a bit of a restriction

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,698
WHy do you think the cats are a restriction? What issues does it cause?
Because I’m pushing more timing and airflow than others, but making the same power on the same Dyno.

They restrict airflow and therefore power.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Because I’m pushing more timing and airflow than others, but making the same power on the same Dyno.

They restrict airflow and therefore power.

How does the completely stock exhaust play into my truck? :D

1681 - 1700 of 1746 Posts