F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1941 - 1960 of 1982 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,942 ·
I think I still have that recall to do on my Gen1. Woops. Now to figure out if it is worth going to the dealer or seeing if I can parts free. Hmm.
It is very much worth the ask at least. Unless you swapped it out in the last year by yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,943 ·
Well actually Sunshine and Rainbows (after RAIN) is an apt description of this part of the US. :)

Also described as HEAT and HUMIDITY

By the way, if he's moving close enough to me, YOU still have a source! (unless they open your mail?)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Ha, it’s been almost a decade since I spent every other week in Houston. I ate so good on the company dime! I would have lunch at Treebeard’s almost every day (if I wasn’t having Vietnamese.

Is Thelma’s BBQ still open? It was totally worth almost getting shot every time I went there, lol.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,086 Posts
Doesn't look like it.

But Killen's is all the rage these days and is much safer to visit.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,805 Posts
I lived in the US and spent nearly 50% of my time down there for 7 years. It certainly has its advantages and I enjoyed my time there, but it’s not all sunshine and rainbows.

In Arkansas it is.

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks to @Mikey_Ltd I have the first piece of the puzzle for the new turbo's. Gen1 Turbine Housings, bonus is that they are from a '12, so they have the ear. Now, just to find some cheap Gen2 take-off's so I can get them upgraded.
Thats odd. The spare motor was from a 13/14.

What are you doing with your current turbos?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,955 · (Edited)

Weird. I could be wrong, but as far as I know, only 11/12’s come with these “ears”.

I’ll probably just end up selling the turbos that are on it now. Basically, I don’t want the downtime of pulling the turbos that are on the truck to send in for re-work.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,086 Posts
]

I’ll probably just end up selling the turbos that are on it now. Basically, I don’t want the downtime of pulling the turbos that are on the truck to send in for re-work.

It's a good plan in my opinion.
While I can live with "downtime" if necessary, my natural inclination is to avoid it.

But warning, that approach can fill up the garage with overlap, if you know what I mean. :)

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,957 ·
I totally get what you're driving at, lol. I have some "overlap" I need to get out of the garage right now.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,958 ·
After trying out some of the Nano Coatex Products I grabbed, I gotta say I am genuinely impressed. I have never had a glass cleaner that cleans and does such a good of leaving no streaks, with such little effort. Cool stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,960 ·

So they must have done some kinda hybrid in early ‘13, because the turbos are 100% not from a 2011 or 2012. Very interesting.

1941 - 1960 of 1982 Posts