F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought someone might find the this useful for future reference

Sound clip

Since the gen2 raptor came out and spd released the 3” true dual downpipes I always wanted a set for my 2014. I contacted spd and was told they wont fit without heavy modification so came across a set for $200cad which was a no brainer and the challenge was accepted. Luckily one of my good friends works at a ford dealer so we compared the two truck in the air one evening.

The day before the exhaust 2 days before the exhaust shop appointment we decided to fit them and they fit. We couldn’t raise them full so the portion that goes along the trans cross member hung a bit lower then it. This was caused by the upstream o2 placement so to make it work we heated and bent the hangers on downpipes so they would fit in the trans hanger mount which gave the o2’s enough room until the exhaust shop. So it looked like a set of long tubes and it could of been left that way but i wanted it to fit like it should.

I took it to the exhaust shop and they repositioned the o2’s slightly, capped off the original o2bungs so the pipes can still be used on a new gen ecoboost. They loosened the downpipes at the turbos and were able to get them positioned where they should be and put new hangers on. From there they ran stainless 3” pipe with mandrel bends from front to back with no step downs it 3” the whole way with a magnaflow x-pipe and 2 vibrant 3” ultra quiet resonators. They also notched the rear bumper out on each side for the tips. I will be adding the humps like the new limited above the tips and body working the bumper to fit them.
Really minimal modification had to be done
Still have to go back once everything settles to have the final adjustments and all the piping polished up

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask or inbox me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious about how your dual fitted into the bumper. Was your bumper modified?

Reactions: Mikey_Ltd
Thank you for sharing this Mikey_Ltd! Looks great, really like the tips.
I’m curious if you noticed any performance improvement and if so, are you stock or tuned? I am tuned, have the factory exhaust on now with a take-off Raptor system staring at me on the garage floor, truck had been at the body shop so I’m just dreaming at the moment.

Love the wheels and stance of your truck 👍

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Thank you for sharing this Mikey_Ltd! Looks great, really like the tips.
I’m curious if you noticed any performance improvement and if so, are you stock or tuned? I am tuned, have the factory exhaust on now with a take-off Raptor system staring at me on the garage floor, truck had been at the body shop so I’m just dreaming at the moment.

Love the wheels and stance of your truck [emoji106]
Ill know soon if there is a performance gain. Before its was only the stock single 2.5” system to the back with factory cats and muffler removed. I was chasing a missfire issue which prompted me to do some research. I cam across some guys having issues with gasses leaving the motor as the exhaust system was to restrictive. I loaded one of the tunes that missfired and it seems fine so a i did a log and im gonna try another. Ill update once im certain the new exhaust helped

Oh man, I remember you posted this truck up on EB nation on Facebook. Love this truck, so clean.

Reactions: Mikey_Ltd
@Mikey_Ltd how does it sound compared to your typical EB with a single (though possibly an aftermarket).

Discussion starter · #15 ·
@Mikey_Ltd how does it sound compared to your typical EB with a single (though possibly an aftermarket).
Is there a way to upload a video to the forum? It sounds good. Quiet under regular driving. I don’t hear much now that it’s projecting behind the truck. Im gonna let my friend drive it so i can hear it. Seems deeper and throatier at idle and light revving

Upload to YouTube
Copy the YouTube link (click share) and post the link here in a post

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

That is loud. ANd you cut the bumper? Those painted pieces are metal, it will rust where you cut it.

If you have no cats and no muffler, there is no way your exhaust was causing the problem. Check tune or for leaky meth kit.

Discussion starter · #20 ·
That is loud. ANd you cut the bumper? Those painted pieces are metal, it will rust where you cut it.

If you have no cats and no muffler, there is no way your exhaust was causing the problem. Check tune or for leaky meth kit.
My original setup was the original downpipes with cats cut out, then running in the factory single 2.5” catback. Since this setup no more missfire on the tunes that did. Truck had ported oem manifolds and gt turbos with am turbo adapters as well with factory piping. Probably only so much flow that single 2.5” system could handle. We dialled the tune back a bit on the factory system it was fine it was getting knock in the upper rpm and now thats all gone and were 2 revisions past where the issue was with no more knock towards the end of the run

Its getting the bumps grafted and body worked in above the tips like the new limited/ram

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.