F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Reactions: Blown F-150
I love how the exhaust comes under the bumper although buying a aftermarket exhaust would of been a much easier task,plus it’s lighter normally & Wont rust out if your in a snow/salt area of the world..love the sound..I need to do a drive by of mine...anyway here’s a shot of mine out the side ,we couldn’t run it any other way unless we dumped it as I’ve got a four link set up on my rear instead of Leaf springs..

Discussion starter · #46 ·
View attachment 168724 I love how the exhaust comes under the bumper although buying a aftermarket exhaust would of been a much easier task,plus it’s lighter normally & Wont rust out if your in a snow/salt area of the world..love the sound..I need to do a drive by of mine...anyway here’s a shot of mine out the side ,we couldn’t run it any other way unless we dumped it as I’ve got a four link set up on my rear instead of Leaf springs..
I was just gonna buy something. But given that spd said these raptor pipes wouldn’t work i took that as challenge accepted after looking at a new gen vs the 12’th gen. I figured if i was gonna spend this kinda money on a exhaust setup i wanted it to be different and bumper exits, also for it to be true dual 3” with no step downs. I plan on getting the downpipes recoated next year as the rest of the system is stainless and mandrel bent with no step downs in pipe size. I got the downpipes used

Your setup looks really clean. Any pictures of your suspension setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its red it’s just the picture that makes it look orange,not sure why . Ive made some changes since this picture,I had the shocks moved to the front of the control arms and I’m about to swap out the shocks to either try to get the raptor 3.0 adjustable shocks to fit,and work correctly or a good set of adjustable rebound and compression, as I’m more interested in how it handles corners,I like having a truck that handles like a car..

Wow

While motor mods and the ceaseless pursuit of power is usually the focus of our trucks, I am far more intrigued by the attempts to modernize the chassis and suspension.

Afterall, under the hood, our trucks hardly resemble the ones our dads and granddads raised us on. Even a bone stock F150 Ecoboost is an amazingly different piece of technology. Stunningly so.

Yet when it comes to the chassis and geometry and suspension, other than the metallurgy, our trucks pretty much haven't changed much. So I have tons of appreciation for the modifications that attempt to transform the way it handles, turns, stops, rides.......

Those pictures, regardless of my lack of expertise, are obviously radical! Lol

I love it!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

also we put on older GM hubs so I could put a bigger brake kit than was available for ford trucks at the time..although I’m not sure if they are still available or not..anyway they are 16.5 inch rotors with their largest six piston caliper

Wow

While motor mods and the ceaseless pursuit of power is usually the focus of our trucks, I am far more intrigued by the attempts to modernize the chassis and suspension.

Afterall, under the hood, our trucks hardly resemble the ones our dads and granddads raised us on. Even a bone stock F150 Ecoboost is an amazingly different piece of technology. Stunningly so.

Yet when it comes to the chassis and geometry and suspension, other than the metallurgy, our trucks pretty much haven't changed much. So I have tons of appreciation for the modifications that attempt to transform the way it handles, turns, stops, rides.......

Those pictures, regardless of my lack of expertise, are obviously radical! Lol

I love it!

Thank you sir love your truck too..I called RBM motorsports yesterday and had a great conversation he is a very knowledgeable individual I didn’t realize how much power these motors can actually make from just porting the heads he said you can gain 100 hp from porting the heads that’s insane ,it allows additional timing to be added .So even with stock location turbos like CRP which make The most around 7-750 at the wheel add a head job and a gen one can make 8-850.RWHP. with stock location turbos..of course this means a built motor ..so I know a EFR is king and even if I did a EFR kit making the same max hp they Are a different animal and would have way more under the curve and way more power over all as well as extending the power Band..its a lot to think about ,as MPT SAID 460WHRP is the safe point and RMB said he blew up two motors at 475wrhp and it’s just a matter of when it will happen not if..plus then the driveline in the gen one is much stronger, the money you save not having to build trans can be used else where..I was really looking hard at selling my truck ,and building a gen2 before talking to RMB as I felt the gen1 was so far behind ..

A paid-for Gen1 truck is still an amazing platform to build from. And yea, the last couple of years have been significant in development and knowledge.

The Gen2 definitely gives a big head start in many ways, but you can't just write off the fact that you need to buy a truck first! Lol. And if you are wanting to start with a higher trim level, that's a $60-75,000 ante before you even add 1HP.

Both will require a built motor though if your appetite for power crosses that 450-475RWHP threshold. Especially if you intend to be in the truck a thousand miles from home and possibly with a tiny-house in tow.

Still, with all that withstanding, I'd take your truck with 400 RWHP over a stock chassis truck with 500+. I get the feeling that I would be grinning ear to ear when it came time to bleed-off speed in a hurry and then make the next curve? (again, I'm no expert, but that chassis work looks like it can keep all 4 contact patches in contact!)

I see this apparatus on each side and just wondered what it (they) is.

I see what looks like a finned cylinder head, which if I had to guess is a compressor?

Looks like a compressor for the bags to me.
Yea, I should have known. I did see the bags on the front suspension. So it's bags all the way around, I suppose.

You speed enthusiasts come up with some CrAzY cool applications.

Sure what are you asking ?
A paid-for Gen1 truck is still an amazing platform to build from. And yea, the last couple of years have been significant in development and knowledge.

The Gen2 definitely gives a big head start in many ways, but you can't just write off the fact that you need to buy a truck first! Lol. And if you are wanting to start with a higher trim level, that's a $60-75,000 ante before you even add 1HP.

Both will require a built motor though if your appetite for power crosses that 450-475RWHP threshold. Especially if you intend to be in the truck a thousand miles from home and possibly with a tiny-house in tow.

Still, with all that withstanding, I'd take your truck with 400 RWHP over a stock chassis truck with 500+. I get the feeling that I would be grinning ear to ear when it came time to bleed-off speed in a hurry and then make the next curve? (again, I'm no expert, but that chassis work looks like it can keep all 4 contact patches in contact!)

Yeah it rides pretty flat even though some pretty decent corners..when I’ve got it set low I’ve blown around a mustang before going through these S curves we have, the speed limit is 70,the corners are 45,& 55,but I’ve gone through at a pretty good click in the 8x’s mph range ,coast in and hammer it off the corner..I had the alignment redone with me seating in the truck, and set it low so it’s pretty neutral in corners I did some reading and found some slightly different alignment settings than stock,..I really want some double adjustable shocks to help with the compression ,and slow down the rebound some more..I’ve already measured the distances between max height. & flat bottom.I’m not sure if having remote reservoirs would help since I’m not jumping a street truck,lol..I know it helps with heat and fade, but not sure how much it would help with control ..I spoke with Q1A about building some custom shocks for it..that may end up being the route I go..

Yea, I should have known. I did see the bags on the front suspension. So it's bags all the way around, I suppose.

You speed enthusiasts come up with some CrAzY cool applications.

Ya it’s bagged all the way around they stripped the whole frame of all the stock mounting points and did away with that huge front spring seat,so the turbos almost fall out lol. Even did away with the ford trans crossmember . But yeah it’s a compressor I’ve got 3 of them, two run on auto to a set psi!the 3rd is a back up with a flip switch..

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.