F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be having trouble finding a 4/6 kit. has anyone found one or have one? i'm not sure if 3/5 is low enough for me. anyone have any pictures of their 3/5 or 4/6?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
so if I bought a kit that came with new control arms everything should bolt right up correct? or are the control arms different widths I wonder?
Only different is the mounting point of the strut on the LCA. 14's have a barpin style setup.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got the belltech 3/5 an just ordered the 09-13 djm 2.5 control arms. Set strut for 1.5 drop plus the 2.5 control arm there's your 4 up front. Then use factory shackle instead of the 1" lifting shackle that comes with the kit for 6" rear.Or just do the DJM 2014 kit 3.5/5.5.

·
Registered
3 Posts
what is available to level just the rear with the front being stock? I've found that most aftermarket companies don't list the 2014 on their lowering products? I just want to lower the rake. Has anybody installed a lowering shackle and if so did it turn out ok?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I seem to be having trouble finding a 4/6 kit. has anyone found one or have one? i'm not sure if 3/5 is low enough for me. anyone have any pictures of their 3/5 or 4/6?
Your not too far from me. I go to Watson a lot. Did you find what you were looking for? Mine is a DJM 3/5" drop. I'll post a couple pics to let you see the contrast between stock 20's & the 24's I went with. Nothing suspension wise changed between pics,just wheels.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did the crown kit 2/4" drop.
I like it.
note; to get camber back in, had to grind the slots longer for the lower arms, actually ezpz if you have the tools/rack. don't even need to disassemble, pull bolts.
installing tow hooks now and pics would follow if I knew how.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking for the same thing. I have a 2014 fx4 that I want to bring lower to the ground. I was looking at the djm 3/5 but when I called djm they told me this kit would not work since I'm 4wd.. Anyone have any input what I can do?

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's a 13 or 14? Everyone I've talked to says the 14 has a different lac so the mount up will be different. Do you know if this is true? your truck looks amazing!
Yes the 2014 have a different LCA than the older years not sure why Ford changed that but they did... I have a 2014 lowered 3/4 drop. First I had Mcgaughys 2/4 but I want to got a bit lower in the front so I got 2013 KW belltech coil overs and had to get new 2013 OEM LCA for the coil overs.. It's just the lower strut mounting style that change. Example; 2013 and below has a single bolt style and 2014 has a T-bar in bushings with 2 bolt holding it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
How bad was the alignment after these drop kits on the front? And what does your camber curve look like compared to stock with these kits while the suspension is articulating? How about steering axis inclination and scrub radius?

All of these things are affected when a lowering kit is installed unless you use only a drop spindle that physically moves the hub UPWARDS. The result is typically less than desirable handling and suspension dynamics. Lowering the front of a vehicle and getting an alignment will not get it back to factory specs for these other items. For the average street car and driver, it might not be a significant enough difference to care.

But I went through hell getting everything dialed back in on my S10 when I lowered the front end. I had to modify/weld my lower control arms and have custom upper control arms built, as well as longer ball joints.

Most people are not aware of that these are affected when lowering, which is why I haven't lowered my F150 yet. I haven't taken the time to measure it all out and decide how I will do it correctly.

Here is a link discussing steering axis inclination and scrub radius for those who are interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrub_radius

Here is some info on camber curve:

Reading and Analyzing Camber Curves

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.