F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This week I ordered a 2014 EB XLT 4X4. I got the 301A package and the max towing package, plus step bars and a liner. I tow a 29' TT about 5% of the time, otherwise city and highway driving. I didn't get the heavy duty payload pkg.....was that a mistake? I don't haul heavy loads, and I was told that to get the max towing payload I didn't need the heavy duty PP. Also, the dealer said 6-8 weeks on delivery, but that with Thanksgiving and Xmas it could be January. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
943 Posts
This week I ordered a 2014 EB XLT. I got the 301A package and the max towing package, plus step bars and a liner. I tow a 29' TT about 5% of the time, otherwise city and highway driving. I didn't get the heavy duty payload pkg.....was that a mistake? I don't haul heavy loads, and I was told that to get the max towing payload I didn't need the heavy duty PP. Also, the dealer said 6-8 weeks on delivery, but that with Thanksgiving and Xmas it could be January. Any thoughts on that?
Congrats on the new truck. You will love it. Send us some pictures when you can. What are the rest of the specs on your truck? (super crew, wheel base etc.)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Great choice! I have the MaxTow w/out HD payload and tow a 36' TT without any issues. I don't think you will need the HD package.

BTW, Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

SPPD

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Looks like you've picked a good one! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
First '14 on the eb forum?? Congrats man, welcome!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Any new changes between the '13 and tye '14?

·
Registered
64 Posts
What kind of incentives/deal did you get on the 14? I am still debating between a 13/14 or waiting for the 15s. Not sure what I want to do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kind of incentives/deal did you get on the 14? I am still debating between a 13/14 or waiting for the 15s. Not sure what I want to do.
$500. off on the 301 pkg. That was it, but I when the truck arrives, I will also get the incentives in place at that time. The dealer searched, but couldn't find a 2013 with the max trailer tow pkg. I got the truck for $500 over dealer's invoice (cost).

·
Registered
943 Posts
Does the 301 package include the back-up camera? It sure makes hooking up the trailer easier and, saves worries about backing into something too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered mine on September 5 was built on Oct. 3 and it it arrived yesterday so hopefully yours gets done that quickly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ordered mine on September 5 was built on Oct. 3 and it it arrived yesterday so hopefully yours gets done that quickly.
That sounds about right. 4-6 weeks. I ordered mine on November 27th and pickef it up from the dealer January 5th.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
4X4, Super cab, 6.5' bed. I have a '99 f-250 SD now with a 8' bed. I think I'm....and my wife....going to like the shorter bed. The longer bed is occasionally useful, but it adds to the difficulty of getting around in tight places like parking lots.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Parking lots were not designed for our longer wheelbased trucks nor were they designed to accomodate our towing mirrors. I often fold my mirrors when I park so, some idiot won't tear them off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts