F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The all new redesigned 2014 Toyota Tunda was revealed today at the Chicago Auto Show. I wasn't to impressed. I had a Toyota Tundra before my F150 and I thought it was a good truck, but the new one Tundra doesn't seem that much difference.

Toyota is calling this the most significant refresh since the Tundra's launch as a 2007 model. The styling also plays to the rough-and-tough demeanor the company conveys with the Texas-built truck.The cabin is reworked with a new seat design and instrument panel. It also will offer a blind-spot monitor, standard backup camera and Bluetooth.
The engine selection is carried over from the current Tundra: a 4.0-liter V6 rated at 270 hp, a 4.6-liter V8 making 310 hp and a 5.7-liter V8 pushing out 381 hp. The V8s are paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, while the V6 gets a five-speed auto. The highest rated towing package can pull 10,400 pounds.
The Tundra comes in five trims: SR, SR5, Limited, Platinum and a new 1794 edition. The ranch where the Tundra factory in San Antonio, Texas, is located was founded in 1794.
Read more: 2014 Toyota Tundra gets fresh front at Chicago Auto Show - Autoweek

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Compare that to the 2014/2015 F150 Atlas and Ford is clearly the leader!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I was never really a fan but enjoy healthy competition. I was expecting for more just like with the GM twins. The interior is a improvement but still not up to par with ford or dodge. The rear frame should of been addressed with this refresh update as it is also one of the weak spots in the tundra. I will give Toyota props as they are one of the few companies that has based their tow ratings off of the SAE standards (not saying Ford has over inflated its ratings as most of us can contest pulling at the upper limits) ... There is no doubt though the new atlas (aka F-150) will continue Ford's domination in the truck world. It will be interesting to see what Nissan's Titan plans will be as it is expected to be redesigned/updated within this year too...

·
Registered
12 Posts
The design has been working for Toyota, I guess they figure why change somthing that works for them. I am curious to see how that pans out for them as other companys are making much more drastic styling changes. Just hope this design doesn't come with a sticky gas pedal like the last design.....lol.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hmmm....seems to me the engineers are running on empty - I agree with everyone else, unless they did some serious work on the internals...Maybe we just can't see the changes because they are under the hood etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
wildweasel7648
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing