F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 FX4 crew with 6.5 bed cane with stock 20’s 32kmiles from a 2.5 year lease. Just rolling 70k this week.
I’ve noticed some things with the transmission over the past 9 months. It was my ex wife’s so it could have had these things since we bought it. There’s been a few times I’ve gone to pas someone or merge in on the highway and when it goes to downshift it comes out of gear then makes a whapping noise until you let off the gas and it goes back into gear.
I also get a real slow shift (sometimes hard) on the colder mornings when I leave the driveway between 1st & 2nd or 2nd & 3rd but not both.
if I roll a stop sign it often lags to take off but in research I have found that this could be the throttle body as well.
I had the shimmy everyone says is attributed to the tranny mount so I had the transmission flushed around 62k miles it did these things before that as well

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
Check the fluid level first. These trans are known for being pretty stout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the fluid level first. These trans are known for being pretty stout.
I know I thought so too. But where it’s done it before and after the flush I’ve had the level checked. Haven’t checked it myself. But didn’t know if it could be a tourque converter thing?

Is there an upgrade to put a dip tube extension or something to get it in the engine compartment?

·
Modinstrator
2,580 Posts
I know I thought so too. But where it’s done it before and after the flush I’ve had the level checked. Haven’t checked it myself. But didn’t know if it could be a tourque converter thing?

Is there an upgrade to put a dip tube extension or something to get it in the engine compartment?
B&M but it ain’t cheap.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,338 Posts
Wow. Highway robbery.

Reactions: GearHead_1

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
Hmm. You’ll probably have to get it checked out then. It could be the Valve Body or clutches in the trans. You can always check to see if you fall under any recalls. I don’t know of any around the trans for the 2014, but it possible

I have that B&M dip stick and it truly is worth the cost of admission.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Hmm. You’ll probably have to get it checked out then. It could be the Valve Body or clutches in the trans. You can always check to see if you fall under any recalls. I don’t know of any around the trans for the 2014, but it possible

I have that B&M dip stick and it truly is worth the cost of admission.

I got a free one but never put it in. I was wondering if it has trouble leaking and measuring fluid properly.

Where did you mount it in the engine bay?

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
I got a free one but never put it in. I was wondering if it has trouble leaking and measuring fluid properly.

Where did you mount it in the engine bay?
It’s made with braided steel line and AN fittings, shouldn’t have any leaking issues.

Mine is run up by the ECM. Takes me seconds to check the fluid this way. Handy when you need to check and re-check the level after maintenance or a trans swap, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts