F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will fit 2015 and 2016 F150's with the 2.7 EcoBoost. Came out of a written-off truck (interior was mauled by a bear) and only has 5000km's on it (3500ish miles) Yes, 5k not 50k.

Bought it in hopes that I could make it work in my 2014 3.5. But it just won't.

Looking to get $800 US for both. Live in Vancouver BC, but drive down to the Seattle area pretty often and can bring it with me.

Tasca puts a rebuild tranny @ $4362.34 and the transfer case at $778.37. $5500 retail for both. So you're basically getting a free transmission with the purchase of a transfercase.

Doesn't come with TC, but I do have the front drive shaft and the shift cable.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,444 Posts
I have 2 2016 2.7's in the family fleet. I'd buy this in a heartbeat if just one of them was a 4x4.
Also have a 17 3.5 4x4 and my 18 3.5 4x4, as well as the truck on order.

5 trucks and it won't work for any of them. :(

I can't believe this isn't gone. It's like those Icon coilovers & shocks nobody has snatched.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This doesn't bolt up to 12th gen 3.5s I'm guessing? I would be all over it if just fit gen 1 ecos.

·
Premium Member
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that 2.7 housing the same as the 3.5l? I don’t recall?
I can't say with 100% certainty, but everything I have seen and measured, show it's the same. I checked all connection points, bell-housing bolt pattern and starter mount.

I asked a Ford drive-line tech and he said it's the same. I would have to change out the valve-body for it to work though (and likely need a IDS to program it).

Transfer case is 100% the same though. I was able to match up part numbers on that. Only transfer cases that I can see are different are the Raptor, 4auto and AWD versions.

·
Premium Member
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have 2 2016 2.7's in the family fleet. I'd buy this in a heartbeat if just one of them was a 4x4.
Also have a 17 3.5 4x4 and my 18 3.5 4x4, as well as the truck on order.

5 trucks and it won't work for any of them. :(

I can't believe this isn't gone. It's like those Icon coilovers & shocks nobody has snatched.
Too bad, I could've dropped it off at the hanger for ya @ YVR!

I think it's just one of those things. You want to be local, actually need a tranny or want one as a spare. Or, you're out of warranty and need a fix ASAP.

·
Premium Member
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This doesn't bolt up to 12th gen 3.5s I'm guessing? I would be all over it if just fit gen 1 ecos.
Everything looks like it does, I bought it for my '14 3.5. But, I can' say for certain. I know at minimum you would be swapping the valve-body. (~$700).

·
Vendor
7,704 Posts
Everything looks like it does, I bought it for my '14 3.5. But, I can' say for certain. I know at minimum you would be swapping the valve-body. (~$700).
Possible different clutch packs and shaft like the 3.7 compared to the 3.5. Keep it buy new internals and use it for the housing

·
Premium Member
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Possible different clutch packs and shaft like the 3.7 compared to the 3.5. Keep it buy new internals and use it for the housing
Honestly, I would just keep it if I had somewhere to store it. It's taking up too much space in my tiny garage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It will fit 2015 and 2016 F150's with the 2.7 EcoBoost. Came out of a written-off truck (interior was mauled by a bear) and only has 5000km's on it (3500ish miles) Yes, 5k not 50k.

Bought it in hopes that I could make it work in my 2014 3.5. But it just won't.

Looking to get $800 US for both. Live in Vancouver BC, but drive down to the Seattle area pretty often and can bring it with me.

Tasca puts a rebuild tranny @ $4362.34 and the transfer case at $778.37. $5500 retail for both. So you're basically getting a free transmission with the purchase of a transfercase.

Doesn't come with TC, but I do have the front drive shaft and the shift cable.

Do you still have it I have the engine 2.7 ecoboost engine I'm building a 1991 Ford Ranger I'm going to put it in I would like to have some help. link removed, please read forum rules.

·
Premium Member
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you still have it I have the engine 2.7 ecoboost engine I'm building a 1991 Ford Ranger I'm going to put it in I would like to have some help. link removed, please read forum rules
Yup, I still have it. Shoot me a PM if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts