F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It feels like we've been in Ranger/Raptor lala land for a while, but we're getting back into F150 installs that are relevant to this forum. Namely, a GU Auto Tech 12.1" Multimedia Center Install, the video for which is up on our YouTube Channel.

This this is...interesting and pretty awesome. The screen replaces both the head unit and climate controls and puts them both into one system. The unit is Bluetooth compatible, works with the stock steering wheel controls, and works with Apple Car Play.

The only issue we had with this kit is that it seems to output more power to the speakers than stock. We got a little bit of distortion in our 2017 Raptor at about half-volume, and really bad distortion at higher volumes. We dropped in a Plug-and-Play Kicker Speaker kit to solve the issue.

Direct link to video.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I would love to see this thing in action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to see this thing in action
We're going to do a run-through/review video here pretty soon. It got delayed a bit because of the aforementioned speaker issue, but it's a-comin'.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Does the backup camera and warning system work with this unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the backup camera and warning system work with this unit?
According to GU Auto Tech, the backup camera and rear sensors/beeping does still function with the unit.

The only features that are confirmed "lost" with this unit are the massaging seats (which may be patched at a later date) and XM radio.

We're not sure about the Ford Pass App or all of its features, though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
According to GU Auto Tech, the backup camera and rear sensors/beeping does still function with the unit.

The only features that are confirmed "lost" with this unit are the massaging seats (which may be patched at a later date) and XM radio.

We're not sure about the Ford Pass App or all of its features, though.
Will XM ever work with updates? I guess I could use the phone app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts