F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It feels like we've been in Ranger/Raptor lala land for a while, but we're getting back into F150 installs that are relevant to this forum. Namely, a GU Auto Tech 12.1" Multimedia Center Install, the video for which is up on our YouTube Channel.

This this is...interesting and pretty awesome. The screen replaces both the head unit and climate controls and puts them both into one system. The unit is Bluetooth compatible, works with the stock steering wheel controls, and works with Apple Car Play.

The only issue we had with this kit is that it seems to output more power to the speakers than stock. We got a little bit of distortion in our 2017 Raptor at about half-volume, and really bad distortion at higher volumes. We dropped in a Plug-and-Play Kicker Speaker kit to solve the issue.

Direct link to video.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
I would love to see this thing in action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to see this thing in action
We're going to do a run-through/review video here pretty soon. It got delayed a bit because of the aforementioned speaker issue, but it's a-comin'.

·
Banned
316 Posts
Does the backup camera and warning system work with this unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
It doesn't give it more horsepower so probably isn't worth it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the backup camera and warning system work with this unit?
According to GU Auto Tech, the backup camera and rear sensors/beeping does still function with the unit.

The only features that are confirmed "lost" with this unit are the massaging seats (which may be patched at a later date) and XM radio.

We're not sure about the Ford Pass App or all of its features, though.

·
Banned
316 Posts
According to GU Auto Tech, the backup camera and rear sensors/beeping does still function with the unit.

The only features that are confirmed "lost" with this unit are the massaging seats (which may be patched at a later date) and XM radio.

We're not sure about the Ford Pass App or all of its features, though.
Will XM ever work with updates? I guess I could use the phone app

·
Registered
2018 F-150 Lariat 4X4
44 Posts
[email protected] What's the difference between the V1 & V2 besides the B&O speaker system? Any plans for them to utilize the stock USB ports in the cubby? Hate having the cord draped across the shifter, and the cable comes from the wrong direction. Does the steering wheel control still work to long press to talk to Siri?

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's the difference between the V1 & V2 besides the B&O speaker system? Any plans for them to utilize the stock USB ports in the cubby? Hate having the cord draped across the shifter, and the cable comes from the wrong direction. Does the steering wheel control still work to long press to talk to Siri?
Besides the B&O System, the biggest difference is support for the Heated and Cooled Seats (I think massaging seats, too, but I'm not 100% sure on that).

As for the center console USBs and the Siri button, I shot GU Auto Tech an email, since I'm not sure.

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[email protected] What's the difference between the V1 & V2 besides the B&O speaker system? Any plans for them to utilize the stock USB ports in the cubby? Hate having the cord draped across the shifter, and the cable comes from the wrong direction. Does the steering wheel control still work to long press to talk to Siri?
Besides the B&O System, the biggest difference is support for the Heated and Cooled Seats (I think massaging seats, too, but I'm not 100% sure on that).

As for the center console USBs and the Siri button, I shot GU Auto Tech an email, since I'm not sure.
GU Auto Tech got back to me.
-Massaging seats are not yet supported, though they are working an update to hopefully rectify that.
-The unit does disable the center console USBs, and they don't have a fix. You'd have to look into a custom wiring solution to keep them functional.
-Holding down the steering wheel button will still activate Siri.

·
Registered
2018 F-150 Lariat 4X4
44 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I saw one of their videos that shows a decent audio equalizer now available besides just low middle and high. I can't recall the video at the moment though. Pretty sure it was their unit. Bummer on the USB's. 2 USB's that are dead sitting there. Great that the Sync/Siri button still works.

Do you guys have any in stock? Any promotions or discounts going on or soon anyway? Thanks for the quick replies!

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bummer on the USB's. 2 USB's that are dead sitting there.
It's a little weird, considering (at least from what I remember) the wiring for those USBs runs into the dash through the center console anyway.

The good news is that USBs are universal, and I bet you can get them to work by T-tapping or splicing into the dash USBs if you don't mind getting all slicey-dicey.

Do you guys have any in stock? Any promotions or discounts going on or soon anyway? Thanks for the quick replies!
We do currently have stock in our Kentucky warehouse. As far as pricing, that system is currently discounted for GU Auto Tech's holiday sale, and that's probably the best we can do for at least a while.

Let me know if you need anything else!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts