F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Does anything else need to be replaced when changing the plugs? Are motorcraft plugs the ones to get?

Never use anything but FORD -OEM Plugs by motorcraft.

I replaced the PCV valve and the small boots on the coil packs.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
690 Posts
I worked at O'Reilly's when I was in college and would sometimes run parts to all the shops and car dealers. By far, the number one plug that was purchased by all independent shops and all car dealerships were NGKs, even more so than their own OEM plugs.

I am at 59,000, mi and still on the original plugs. Whenever I replace them I will use NGKs.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
My truck wasn’t running bad or anything either. It’s just on this forum you get worried that you might be doing something wrong if you didn’t. My gap did increase to 40 though. On old plugs.
I feel that so strongly !

·
Registered
98 Posts
Best question asked so far. I add to it:

Some pretend to be wrench turners think that the new spark plug Nickle plating negates the need for an anti-seize compound. What say our Pro's here?

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
No anti seize unless it's for preventing seizures.

Reactions: Geronimo John

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Best question asked so far. I add to it:

Some pretend to be wrench turners think that the new spark plug Nickle plating negates the need for an anti-seize compound. What say our Pro's here?
That's what NGK thinks as well...

"Do not use anti-seize or lubricant on NGK spark plugs. It is completely unnecessary and can be detrimental. "

They even make it pretty clear!

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
It's a similar debate to oil change intervals. There's definitely more than one perspective.

I'm wired to looking at it like from the MOMENT I pour brand new oil in the motor it is only perfect oil until after its first heat cycle. Then it's 99% perfect

Then 98%
Then 90%.......

See the dilemma? Unlike most things, I'm hopelessly a glass-half-empty oil guy because of this.

Another way of putting it is if for some unknown reason I needed to drain my oil with only 1000 miles on it, I could NEVER pour it back into my motor. Because I have 6 quarts of BETTER oil on the shelf. Why wouldn't I pour the best oil I have available to me into my motor?

My plugs might still be making spark at 35000 miles. In fact, of course they are. But the brand new ones on the shelf are perfect. PERFECT. 🤣🤣

I want my internal combustion engine to be PERFECT as much of the time as I deem reasonable.

I'm my own worst enemy. Lol
Very well put! These items are inexpensive, easy to change and a great reason to go play in the driveway🔧😁

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I used a small amount of anti seize on my motorcraft plugs. It will hurt nothing. Will only help removal later on in another 60K when I spend another 60$ on new plugs.

Cheap insurance.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.