F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 f150 xlt with approximately 76,000 miles. Serviced every 4000 miles. Driver side turbo started squealing. Replaced both turbos and intercooler, cleaned aluminum shavings out of air tubes. Just so much fun!
Compression test showed 200 to 210 psi spread, oil pressure at cold idle is 60 psi on mechanical gauge.
Problem is, engine starts and runs fine at idle, upon gradual acceleration to 60 mph and leveling off oil light comes on and engine starts rattling like you drained the crankcase. Just replaced oil and filter so I know it's full!!
Can anyone give me a hint as to what is going on?
My only thought is a problem with the pcv system and excess crankcase pressure keeping oil from draining back to pan fast enough to keep up, far fetched idea anyway?
I am open to suggestions.

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
welcome to the forum

Reactions: BigPhatPaulie

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Did you pull the cold air charge pipe/throttle body off and look into the intake manifold? If you have shavings in turbo hot pipes and CAC then good chance you sucked up debris into engine? Also, when you replaced turbos did you replace the turbo oil line filters? Starving them for oil or overpressurizing?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Debris in the oil pan being sucked up onto the intake tube screen? Starves the engine of oil. Will need a pan drop to check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts