F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the CEL and dummy codes 2 nights ago. Truck did the usual CEL, kept running but lost ALL power and had no acceleration at all. Had to coast to the shoulder. This is dangerous, it should just derate. Turns out my throttle body needs replaced. Not super thrilled with my first 2 months of ownership with 60k on the dash. The panoramic sunroof is a poorly designed nightmare. Already replaced the guides that were broken, not it rattles like hell. Totally the opposite of my experience with my 09 f-150 which was a bullet proof tank. Came back to Ford because of that experience, but kind of thinking I should have stuck with Ram (even though this 3.5 kicks the hemi in its nuts).

·
Registered
549 Posts
That's a tough break. I had to swap a knock sensor when I got mine. 70k on it. That entailed taking off the entire intake, fuel rails, injectors, coolant lines, fittings and crap underneath all that, etc....

Feels like a kick in the ball sack now, but once you get it fixed, it may be the tank that your old 09 was. You bought someone else's used truck, same as me. Complete with all the neglect, and abuse. Iron out the wrinkles, don't stress too much, and enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Mikedick77
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing