F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a curiosity questions as I swear the 2015 and newer F150's have a more aggressive exhaust note to them vs my 2012 F150. Does anyone know if there is a different muffler in use or resonator, etc?

All in my head or something different? Could be cam timing in the tunes as well I suspect.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Could be the “v8” exhaust note that is pumped into the speakers in the 2015+ F150. It makes you think you are hearing a louder exhaust than the previous year that did not add this augmented sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
What trim level truck is this in? They don't all have the fake engine noise, my xlt does not.

I get the feeling that he's talking about the actual exhaust note from outside the truck though, since he has a 2012.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

·
Registered
509 Posts
I believe it is the lariat and higher have the fake engine noise. I will admit my 2017 2.7 xlt came with a louder exhaust from the factory then I was expecting. Not complaining either lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What trim level truck is this in? They don't all have the fake engine noise, my xlt does not.

I get the feeling that he's talking about the actual exhaust note from outside the truck though, since he has a 2012.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
Yes I should have said from the outside. I swear they have a better exhaust note. Wondering if they received a different resonator or muffler.

I think when my brother had his 2014 FX4 it even had a better sounding exhaust. It for sure had the fake V8 noise from the inside lol.

If there is something different it might be a cheap catback/muffler to pick up for a little more sound on the older Ecoboost trucks. I have CRP manifolds and a livernois catted DP so I don't need an aggressive muffler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
torchred
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing