F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
I set the Cruise Control for my desired speed. Works fine. But when I brake it cuts out. I checked the owner's manual and I'm doing it correctly. It's a Type 1 version.
Very annoying as I have to reset it every time after braking.
(Tried to do a search within this section but couldn't find a search option.)

Do you mean you can't hit "resume" to get cruise back?
What you described is how every cruise I've ever encountered works.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Do you mean you can't hit "resume" to get cruise back?
What you described is how every cruise I've ever encountered works.
Yeah, I click on Resume each time and it won't resume. That's why I said I followed the owner's manual but should have mentioned this. I've never had a vehicle that wouldn't resume to the set speed before. I don't recall it doing this until recently. Bought the truck in Feb 2019.

First off welcome home RVN (you're only about 50 years overdue hearing that).
When you hit the brakes does the cruise control icon turn orange or does it go away? If it turns orange try removing the battery cables and try it again. If it is going away at some point make sure if you have big fumbly fingers that you aren't hitting the off button.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
First off welcome home RVN (you're only about 50 years overdue hearing that).
When you hit the brakes does the cruise control icon turn orange or does it go away? If it turns orange try removing the battery cables and try it again. If it is going away at some point make sure if you have big fumbly fingers that you aren't hitting the off button.
Thanks, Bird1
Haven't noticed any orange color on the icon, just shows the actual speed at that point.
Will be getting the battery changed very soon and I'll see if that makes a difference.

uhh what just happened here? o_O

Thanks, Bird1
Haven't noticed any orange color on the icon, just shows the actual speed at that point.
Will be getting the battery changed very soon and I'll see if that makes a difference.
My dad is a Vietnam Vet, Gator Navy, 67-71 in country 68 and 69, I kind of have a soft spot for you guys.

Just look for the green icon next time you have the cruise control set, if you hit your brakes it shodul stop the cruise and it shoudl turn orange. When it does you should be able to hit resume it should go back to speed and turn green, if there is no orange then that menas you either hit the off button inadvertently or there is a different problem.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
My dad is a Vietnam Vet, Gator Navy, 67-71 in country 68 and 69, I kind of have a soft spot for you guys.

Just look for the green icon next time you have the cruise control set, if you hit your brakes it shodul stop the cruise and it shoudl turn orange. When it does you should be able to hit resume it should go back to speed and turn green, if there is no orange then that menas you either hit the off button inadvertently or there is a different problem.
OK, I was scheduled to have the battery changed today. Good timing. On the way to the shop, I set the cruise at 60 mph. Functioned fine. I pressed on the brake and the dash showed 60 with a line through it (no orange color either). I pressed Resume but it wouldn't go back to 60. After the new battery was installed, same thing. Re the OFF button, it's really out of the way from the Resume button. My arthritic finger isn't hitting it by mistake. LOL

I was in country in Vietnam Jul 68 - Jul 69, Air Force medic (E.R.) at Tan Son Nhut Air Base outside of Saigon. Tell your Dad I proffered him a salute. Was he Brown Water Navy while he was in country? Crazy stuff back then...

Cheers,
Bob

Dad was on the USS Estes which was the flag ship of the Amphibious Forces. He didn't go upriver anywhere but he went ashore often in the DaNang region. Some of the stuff he'll just mention out of the blue of what happened over there.......

Again welcome home!

Discussion starter · #14 ·
I didn't realize which year model you had, regardless every Ford vehicle I've ever driven works the same way.
Had the battery changed yesterday, took it for a 20 mile run to town and tested the cruise control. Worked as it should! Seems the new battery did the trick as you suspected. Odd that it showed up on the CC and nothing else. Maybe that's a warning of things to come. We leave on a 1200 mile roundtrip this Thursday and it will be great to have the CC working. The battery, BTW, was going on its 5th year.

Interesting arrangement. My 2015 is totally different, six buttons (double of each of the choices). Nice compass, though.
Your 2015 is different because Bird1 has a 2014

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.