F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, so my '15 EcoBoost SuperCab vibrates while gently accelerating/cruising uphill on the highway. The vibration is similar to going over rumble strips (slightly softer though). It actually feels like going over 3 rumble strips only then stops for a second and does it again. This occasionally happens during normal driving but will always occur while going uphill. The car is perfectly fine if I actually accelerate fast and doesn't feel like there is a loss of power or the engine choking. No engine light on and the RPM is stable when that happens. Only other thing I noticed that the engine slightly vibrates during idle (it could be misfiring idk).

The car has only 35k miles on it and all of the check-ups and oils changes were done at the dealership.

Has anyone experienced this before or have an idea of what is going on?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
You will find another thread around here with very similar symptoms and just recently a fella stated he had his transmission serviced, and the symptom disappeared.

Basically a fluid change was his claim to happiness. No guarantee, of course. But certainly an inexpensive option and one that does no harm.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will find another thread around here with very similar symptoms and just recently a fella stated he had his transmission serviced, and the symptom disappeared.

Basically a fluid change was his claim to happiness. No guarantee, of course. But certainly an inexpensive option and one that does no harm.

Thank you. That is my first go to option along with swapping the spark plugs. Just wanted to get some opinions before I spend some money on that.

·
Registered
689 Posts
You might look into the weep hole in your intercooler also. Oil up the intake from the IC could cause studder symptoms also, though I haven't heard any specifically described as yours are. Depending on if your climate is cold about now, this may exaggerate the symptoms even.

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
This is the other thread:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 f150 EB and I'm having the same symptoms. Cruising speed and accelerate on slight incline the truck sputters lightly. Gas mileage has decreased as well. Any thoughts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Just 'cause you have your truck serviced at the dealer is zero grantee that it's done RIGHT... I did my first free oil change at the dealer where I bought my brand new F150 and didn't think of it at the time, but when I got home, checked the oil and they over filled by a full qt.... Bet they but in that 5w20 stuff too..... How do I know they put an extra qt in? Used my vacuum pump and sucked out a full qt and the oil level was then at the FULL mark.. Changed the oil about a week later when I thought more about it and have never been back, except for the 2 recalls the truck has had...

Sounds like a miss fire to me... I have a 13 with 85k miles on it and don't have those symptoms. Tow a heavy TT over passes and I'm into the boost for sure doing that and it just humms up the grades and no issues..

Good luck!

Mitch

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Just 'cause you have your truck serviced at the dealer is zero grantee that it's done RIGHT... I did my first free oil change at the dealer where I bought my brand new F150 and didn't think of it at the time, but when I got home, checked the oil and they over filled by a full qt.... Bet they but in that 5w20 stuff too..... How do I know they put an extra qt in? Used my vacuum pump and sucked out a full qt and the oil level was then at the FULL mark.. Changed the oil about a week later when I thought more about it and have never been back, except for the 2 recalls the truck has had...

Sounds like a miss fire to me... I have a 13 with 85k miles on it and don't have those symptoms. Tow a heavy TT over passes and I'm into the boost for sure doing that and it just humms up the grades and no issues..

Good luck!

Mitch
I totally agree with you. My warranty came with 7 years of oil changes. I always checked oil level after changes. I hated when the window reminder sticker says 5w30 and the paperwork says 5w20. You go back in to talk to adviser and get , you got 5W30 and paper work always says 5W20. I say you need to fix that because I don’t know if I believe you. By the way I used my last dealer service just recently so from now on I know it will be done right. I’ll be doing it myself now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts