F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have brand new parts for sale, never even taken out of original packaging and purchased from stage 3 motorsports. They would like me to give them a restocking fee and pay shipping back to them. Screw that Ill pass the savings on to someone else.

bilstein 5100 front leveling struts, these are on national back order get them while you can and save money on taxes, etc- $260 shipped

firestone rear airbag kit- $275 shipped

AEM cold air intake for ecoboost, was bolted on and driven about 15 miles or so, then taken off. - $275 shipped.

these parts were all purchased about 3 weeks ago from stage 3 motorsports I have receipts for almost $1000 with tax. I cant go lower as shipping on these parts is ridiculous. If ai cant get this price I will ship back to stage 3 and eat the restocking fee. Then they will sell you the exact same part plus tax. Again, I have not even opened the boxes on these items.

·
Registered
2014 F150 3.5l XLT Screw 4x4
30 Posts
I have brand new parts for sale, never even taken out of original packaging and purchased from stage 3 motorsports. They would like me to give them a restocking fee and pay shipping back to them. Screw that Ill pass the savings on to someone else.

bilstein 5100 front leveling struts, these are on national back order get them while you can and save money on taxes, etc- $260 shipped

firestone rear airbag kit- $275 shipped

AEM cold air intake for ecoboost, was bolted on and driven about 15 miles or so, then taken off. - $275 shipped.

these parts were all purchased about 3 weeks ago from stage 3 motorsports I have receipts for almost $1000 with tax. I cant go lower as shipping on these parts is ridiculous. If ai cant get this price I will ship back to stage 3 and eat the restocking fee. Then they will sell you the exact same part plus tax. Again, I have not even opened the boxes on these items. View attachment 172025 View attachment 172026 View attachment 172027
Do you know if the Bilsteins will work on a 2014 model?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Im not sure exactly, I just know they were for the 2015. If I remember correctly the 09-13 were a different version but I dont know about the 14’
Sadly it doesn't look like they will work based on Bilsteins part numbers. Weird thing is RoughCoutry uses the same part for years 14-21 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sadly it doesn't look like they will work based on Bilsteins part numbers. Weird thing is RoughCoutry uses the same part for years 14-21 🤷‍♂️
No problem, Im sure they would probably work as they look the same in pictures at least, but better safe than sorry.

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,985 Posts
What did you not like about the intake ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What did you not like about the intake ?
There wasnt anything I disliked. I was offered to sell the truck for a price I couldnt refuse and the factory pipe went back on. I had planned a tune, the air intake and the suspension to pull my trailer and before that happened the truck was sold.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No problem, Im sure they would probably work as they look the same in pictures at least, but better safe than sorry.
I'm gonna see if I can find out if they will fit. If so I'll probably grab them from you if you still have them

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I'm gonna see if I can find out if they will fit. If so I'll probably grab them from you if you still have them
They will physically fit on a 2014 as the 2014’s share the same lower control arm mount as the 2015+ trucks, the valving may just not be right for the heavier truck.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
They will physically fit on a 2014 as the 2014’s share the same lower control arm mount as the 2015+ trucks, the valving may just not be right for the heavier truck.
This^^^^
I run 2015 shocks on my 2014. They will work great for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
That’s odd. I inquired about the same idea before and my understanding is that the 2014 suspension is unique to 2014 on the front end. I was told only shocks made for 2014 will work

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
That’s odd. I inquired about the same idea before and my understanding is that the 2014 suspension is unique to 2014 on the front end. I was told only shocks made for 2014 will work
They are unique if you look at the rest of the years of the 12th Gen.

I can confirm that at the very least 2015-2017 will fit as that is what my 2.5’s are for. No mods or changes to make them work at all. I’ve also helped @looqw put a set on his 2013. He had to buy 2014 lower control arms.

I’m sure some shocks have specific spring rates and/or valving, but the weight of our trucks can vary by a lot within the same year depending on config, so I doubt it really makes that much of a difference.

·
Registered
2014 Ingot Silver SCrew FX4 MaxTow
128 Posts
They are unique if you look at the rest of the years of the 12th Gen.

I can confirm that at the very least 2015-2017 will fit as that is what my 2.5’s are for. No mods or changes to make them work at all. I’ve also helped @looqw put a set on his 2013. He has to buy 2014 lower control arms.

I’m sure some shocks have specific spring rates and/or valving, but the weight of our trucks can vary by a lot within the same year depending on config, so I doubt it really makes that much of a difference.

The 15-17 shocks will fit as the 14 got the same lower a-arms that the newer trucks have. As stated, the valving is unique to the 14 but will likely not make a noticeable difference. If anything, it my ride a little smoother being damped for a lighter truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I cant sell them by the end of the week Ill be forced to send them back, they have to be shipped back to stage 3 within 30 days and that will be coming up beginning of next week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have not shipped them back or sold them, I am interested in the Bilstein 5100s. Still looking for 260 including shipping?

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
You can use any shock on any truck if the bolt type etc is the same..all you have to do is measure the length of your shocks and his shocks...I installed custom off the shelf q1a adjustable on my 2014 truck drives 100% better and I can simply change the handling anytime I want..you just need to measure the fully extended length the fully compressed length and the center line of the shocks..it doesn’t have to be exact, as long as you have enough travel in the center where the shock spends all its time, as you’ve got serious issues if your ever fully compress a shock,and then fully extend it while driving, lol...good luck..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts