F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had front bumper replaced with fab four premium. 30inch led on bumper placed. Truck has 175miles on it. I noticed the 2h was flashing on instrument cluster. Also, AC stopped blowing. When I hit the AC power button off and on. The lights on AC act as if nothing is wrong. No air is blowing. Then today , on way to dealership to make appointment, the AC blew again for 10minutes. I am trying to keep from blaming Ford because I had the bumper, leveling kit, and Led bar added as soon as I received the truck from dealer. But this Wednesday I have appt and will drop off truck at dealer. Has anyone heard of something like this? I notice that when I turn the AC power button on, the 2H will flash intermittently.When I turn the AC power button off, the 2h goes away. Also, my mechanic sat in the truck and he concurred that the AC wasn't blowing. He also stated that it would not go into 4L.
What is happening to my truck? I it a lemon?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would check back with the company that did you're LED installed and where they are drawing power and grounding, seems that's a likely candidate.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I would check back with the company that did you're LED installed and where they are drawing power and grounding, seems that's a likely candidate.
I totally agree. If I understand the rules correctly, doing something wrong with the installation of these aftermarket parts is exactly how Ford can get out of paying for warranty work. If on the other hand, the truck was a lemon and doing this before it could still be your problem to prove that now that the changes were made.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. Got it back from dealer. They said it was bad ground caused by my guys that put bumper and lights on. They also covered it on warranty. So im back in business. Some friends are suspicious of the dealer cuz they covered it. What do u think?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maaaaaannnn thank you, i just have the same problem on my 2016 F150, i uninstalled the android tesla style radio and put it back, everything went back working normall, i will check all the ground points.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts