F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've been noticing a grinding noise in the LF when I brake lightly and it stays as long as I'm turning to the right and the weight is on that corner of the truck. I've had it to ford and they didn't know what was wrong. They tried the basic brake service they offer but that did nothing. Just wondering if anyone else is having these issues or knows what it might be. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Do a search here "grinding noise"...take your pick of threads...you will be up all night if you read them all...you will get a quick education on this subject.

By the way ......Welcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome RedRooster! I'm reading through the threads now. It sounds like it might be the IWE Actuator. The dealership wouldn't drive the truck to try to duplicate the noise as it was a Saturday and some sort of manager is supposed to do the test drive. So i'll have to take it in on a week day and see what they will do. Maybe this might be covered under the warranty.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
That would be my first guess....I thought there was a TSB out there somewhere...I Think......looks to be a common issue....I thought people were getting fixed under warranty...good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts