F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this posted on the rv.net forum. As of 8/28/13, I haven't seen any confirmation from other rv.net members. Anyone know if this is true?

A local Ford Dealer told me the 2014 F150 would not be able to be ordered until December and would be a short production year. The 2015 Atlas should be able to be ordered in January or February as a 2015 and will not hit the dealer lots until probably May. Ford is suppose to increase the HP on the Ecoboost to 405HP from 365HP the dealer was not for sure what the Torque would be. Just FYI.

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: 2015 Ford F150 Atlas

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Interesting information!

Hope it is true about the HP increase. That would be one amazing vehicle!

SPPD

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sounds awesome to me!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I just saw this in a news article... "Expect the definitive version of the next F-150 to appear in January, during the 2014 Detroit Auto Show."

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I saw this posted on the rv.net forum. As of 8/28/13, I haven't seen any confirmation from other rv.net members. Anyone know if this is true?

A local Ford Dealer told me the 2014 F150 would not be able to be ordered until December and would be a short production year. The 2015 Atlas should be able to be ordered in January or February as a 2015 and will not hit the dealer lots until probably May. Ford is suppose to increase the HP on the Ecoboost to 405HP from 365HP the dealer was not for sure what the Torque would be. Just FYI.

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: 2015 Ford F150 Atlas
What will be really interesting is HOW they get those extra ponies. If it is by further upgrades to the engine or turbo system ... I may be trading in my 2013. If it's just by "reprogramming" ... that I can do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Already had a dealer give me a quote on a special order 14 but now will have to wait a few more months for the 2015 ATLAS.
Own a 2004 in the "then" new body. People still can't believe my truck is that old! 96k

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are they talking about an order date of January/February 2014 for the Atlas? If that's that case I am going to have a very interesting conversation with my dealer. I just bought a new 2013 Platinum with the understanding that we were more than a YEAR away from being able to order an Atlas, like January 2015. If it was a matter of waiting 3 more months I would have been glad to wait.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Almost the same here, was ready to pull the trigger on a 2014 and my dealer didn't say a word. Does anyone for sure know when I can place an order for an Atlas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also, is the Atlas in all versions (XL, XLT, Lariot, Platinum, Ultiminate)? I really want the extended cab not the crew cab.???????????

Extended Cab:
1. Less weight (better mpg?)
2. Slightly bigger cargo box
3. Less room to heat-air condition
4. mfsp less $

·
Registered
5 Posts
Almost the same here, was ready to pull the trigger on a 2014 and my dealer didn't say a word. Does anyone for sure know when I can place an order for an Atlas?
I asked specifically about the 15 order date. I guess I really have no one to blame buy myself. Ultimately, I asked and he said he didn't know for certain but he said it was more than a year out. In the end I'm not willing to wait that long. Besides, I did get a great deal on the Platinum. Brand new for $41k, there is no way I would get that good of a deal on a 15 Platinum.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have heard sometime in Q1 for a mid summer delivery.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts