F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife’s 2015 F150 defrost is broken and the dealer said that if she turned it on it would burn up the system. It is manual climate control… only way to get air to windshield is the defrost button. WE don’t have $800 now to fix it.
How do we defrost the windshield? There is no way to open the windshield vent unless defrost is turned on… right???
Is there a way we can get air to go to the windshield?
is there a way to defrost if you don’t have the $$… or do you just have to risk your life driving around with fiogged up windshield???
Surely ford would not allow such a dangerous, life threatening situation hinge on pressing the defrost to get any air whatsoever onto your windshield— burning/breaking the entire system vs. paying huge amount of $$.
can we turn on ac, turn on defrost, and adjust temperature control too hot at the same time??
Any suggestions or answers would help..

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Is that a climate control system? I wonder what actually burns up in their opinion?
Unless it’s low on Freon and they think it’s going to burn up the compressor. I think the compressor comes on in defrost mode.

·
Registered
272 Posts
What year? Is it stuck on one position setting or will it not switch from hot to cold?

My 2015 was stuck on vent. I had to replace this part:

It is located near the gas pedal. Above and towards the center of the dash. Make sure you align the sprockets when you install it.

Here's a helpful video...

If this is not your issue or year, make and model...well happy Thanksgiving anyways.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that a climate control system? I wonder what actually burns up in their opinion?
Unless it’s low on Freon and they think it’s going to burn up the compressor. I think the compressor comes on in defrost mode.
It is manual climate control which the only button to the windshield vents is the defrost button; and the ac works excellent. I thought the ac and defrost use the same compressor. The manual has no warnings that i could find about burning up the system

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What year? Is it stuck on one position setting or will it not switch from hot to cold?

My 2015 was stuck on vent. I had to replace this part:

It is located near the gas pedal. Above and towards the center of the dash. Make sure you align the sprockets when you install it.

Here's a helpful video...

If this is not your issue or year, make and model...well happy Thanksgiving anyways.

Yes that was very helpful..You cleared up some questions and “ foggy” things in my understanding
Thanks so much

·
Registered
272 Posts
From my understanding these trucks have another actuator in the dash that controls the hot/cold. It is called the blend door actuator.

From what I have read, it is harder to get to but possible without pulling the dash out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts