F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford-Atlas-Concept-Photo.jpg

While we haven't even seen the official 2015 Ford F150, rumors are already starting to circulate about production delays. The finger is pointed at Ford's decision to use lightweight Aluminum body panels.

According to The Truth About Cars, aluminum shipments from suppliers have failed to meet specifications so the company is having problems forming the material. The suppliers are now under pressure to fix the problems, as soon as possible, so Ford can prevent further delays and launch the model by the end of 2014.
Source: worldcarfans.com

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I just want them to release pictures and specs of the production model. It'll be a few years before I trade up anyway.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I worked for Ford in development/prototype, specifically alum forming, body panels/structures. It's not easy popping alum panels without tearing them. Takes a lot of die manipulation, grease, half hits, etc. jaguar was the last project I had before I left. They came out OK if I do say so! Just takes time.
Material defects really suck. But once they get good stock. It won't be anything to pump them out

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was more talk about delays on CNBC yesterday. They mentioned that the truck was supposed to be unveiled on January, and again it was rumored to be pushed back to the middle of next year.

Ford's stock lost about 7%-10% the last two days because of it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
There was more talk about delays on CNBC yesterday. They mentioned that the truck was supposed to be unveiled on January, and again it was rumored to be pushed back to the middle of next year. Ford's stock lost about 7%-10% the last two days because of it.
Lost 7-10% because ford lowered it's overall outlook for 2014. It's a good buying opportunity if the market wasn't already so highly overinflated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I worked for Ford in development/prototype, specifically alum forming, body panels/structures. It's not easy popping alum panels without tearing them. Takes a lot of die manipulation, grease, half hits, etc. jaguar was the last project I had before I left. They came out OK if I do say so! Just takes time.
Material defects really suck. But once they get good stock. It won't be anything to pump them out
Why not punch the panels out of "O" condition stock and then heat treat to "T3", or "T351"?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts