F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • XL: This is the base model pickup with many standard features with a choice of two appearance packages: Chrome or Sport.
  • XLT: This model offers even more standard features with a unique grille; it also offers Chrome or monochromatic Sport appearance package options.
  • Lariat: This well-equipped model has loads of new features, a unique grille and offers Chrome or Sport appearance packages.
  • King Ranch: A very well-quipped trim, King Ranch has unique features inside and out, a dedicated grille and will offer a polished Chrome appearance package option.
  • Platinum: This continues as the top-of-the-line premium trim package offering the most luxurious new cabin design with the highest-grade materials seen in the segment.

2015 Ford F150 FX4 Grille:

2015-f150-fx4.jpg

2015 Ford F150 Platinum Grille:
2015-f150-platinum.jpg

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2015 Ford F150 Lariat Photos -

2015-f150-lariat2.jpg

2015-f150-lariat.jpg

Reactions: Trek

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2015 Ford F150 XLT Photos -

2015-f150-xlt-greengem.jpg 2015-f150-xlt-ingotsilver.jpg 2015-f150-xlt-rubyred.jpg 2015-f150-xlt.jpg

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2015 Ford F150 Platinum Photos -

2015-f150-whiteplatinum.jpg

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updated with more pics!

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Except for the headlights, me likey. Count me in for a 2017/18 in Raptor trim after the refresh.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The real difference I'm seeing is that the sheet metal of the body (aluminum on the 2015's) no longer extends across the front of the truck. Now the very front is all grille and bumper, whereas the current model has a strip of painted body metal running across the front between the grille and bumper area.

·
Registered
346 Posts
My experience with an aluminum body panels on a Passat definitely would concern me with this truck. After getting a small parking lot dent, I've learned that aluminum cannot be popped out and bondo was needed. Tripled the cost of that repair.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm new to ford and trucks in general, the 2015 has really gotten intrigued. I am thinking if trading in my sti for a f150 later this year when it comes out. But what is the difference between the fx4 lariat and the king ranch? I know the lariat and KR is a bit more luxurious but on the website it doesn't really say much about the differences

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm new to ford and trucks in general, the 2015 has really gotten intrigued. I am thinking if trading in my sti for a f150 later this year when it comes out. But what is the difference between the fx4 lariat and the king ranch? I know the lariat and KR is a bit more luxurious but on the website it doesn't really say much about the differences
Interior and exterior trim is the primary difference. FX series are the sportiest trim of the bunch. On this generation, for example, it also comes with upgraded shocks. Lariat is entry-level luxury, King Ranch is western-themed luxury. Otherwise, the option selection is more or less the same. Coming from an STI, a well-optioned FX4 would probably be your best call.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
Interior and exterior trim is the primary difference. FX series are the sportiest trim of the bunch. On this generation, for example, it also comes with upgraded shocks. Lariat is entry-level luxury, King Ranch is western-themed luxury. Otherwise, the option selection is more or less the same. Coming from an STI, a well-optioned FX4 would probably be your best call. Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
FX series is no longer a model, but has been taken back to a package you can add on to almost any of the 4x4's.
Ex: a crew cab long box, king ranch fx4

·
Registered
4 Posts
With the amazing weight loss of of the f150 I'm curious to see how much performance is improved!

Amazing interior also. Forget buying a 2014 worth waiting for 2015.. Just too many improvements

1 - 19 of 19 Posts