F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2015 3.5L King Ranch and each time I turn right, there is a pulsating vibration/maybe grinding that I feel in the steering wheel. It only happens when I turn right and while in 2H. Sometimes it is a quick vibration, and other times it will pulsate for 2-3 seconds.

it has 80k miles and I just replaced the brakes and rotors. Vibration is still there. I had the Ford dealer check and they could not find anything, approx 10k mikes ago. Seems to go away in the warmer months. Truck is completely stock.

From research, it seems like it could be the IWE but I’m absolutely not mechanically inclined. Any ideas so I’m not paying to replace unnecessary items? Should I take it to the dealer or a local mechanic?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Sounds like a crack in the vacuum lines going to the IWE on that side. When you turn the wheel, the lines are stretched and the crack opens reducing the vacuum at the IWE and causing it to partially engage. Find the hose(s) going down to the actuator and check them closely for cracks...especially inside the wheel well. #15 and 16 on the diagram.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dude, spot on! My extended warranty will cover it but if it does it again I’ll likely do the delete kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts