F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home I was at a set of lights. It was rainy kinda cold and a Ram 1500 was next to me he looked over revved his engine and it sounded very deep. My immediate thought was "Ahh easy kill" (Honestly Ram's are so slow in stock form they are pathetic to race.)

Light turned green and I spun a bit but pulled in front and he just mashed the pedal at the same time. No contest. He pulled on me so hard once he got traction and was gone.

He pulled into the nearest gas station (Was getting 94 octane I might add) Was a cool guy, I asked what was all done. Vararam intake, Long tube headers to 3 inch exhaust, Torque converter, custom tune he was also running very wide tires on all 4 corners. His best time locally was 13.7.

He said he was so sick of losing to tuned Ecoboosts that he had to put some money into his truck. Asked what I had done and said the Exhaust and currently the truck is running on 87 octane and stock programming. He said he would be at the track this summer and to come by and say hi and perhaps we can run against eachother.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Torque Converters on those trucks make a NIGHT and DAY difference (came from the Ram world personally).
Long tubes and the Hemi go together really well too. Like 20-30 ft lb gains from like 2000-4500 RPM.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was impressive, I heard the tunes really wake them up by removing lot of the torque management.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
J, shame on you for representing with the stock tune?-lol
Now get back in their and kick some as*!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Should probably just get a 2017+. Arnt stock 2018 3.5's and 5.0's running 13.7's? I know there is a stock 2wd RCSB 5.0 that ran a 13.3 which is fast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts