F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 with the 3.5 eco, I purchased a stage 2 meth kit from Snow Performance. I was trying to install it tonight and I cannot find a place to mount the tank for the life of me. I would REALLY prefer it to be under the hood somewhere. Anyone that has installed meth on a 2015 please let me know where you mounted your tank and pump please.

·
Registered
823 Posts
i've got a 2013 but interested to see where you end up putting 'em. I've got a full race front mount intercooler so will be looking to get creative putting mine on here too in the next week or so

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the same issue , but I got the bigger tank that installs in the bed . On my first eco boost I used the original w/w tank. But the little tanks don't last long , the big tank from snow Perf I think is 5 or 6 gallons. It's in my shed I'd have to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just have a supercab an d have thinking about going this route but I feel I would mount in back cab where I could monitor it in case it quit moving

·
Registered
18 Posts
IMG_9809.JPG The tank from Snow Performance is about 1/2 gallon - the windshield washer tank that comes with the truck is just over 1 gallon..... so it makes sense to use it if you want double the capacity - otherwise, the 7 gallon tanks from Snow is a good improvement if you wish to install it in the bed. Hopefully, you've found a solution by now though.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have a 2015 with the 3.5 eco, I purchased a stage 2 meth kit from Snow Performance. I was trying to install it tonight and I cannot find a place to mount the tank for the life of me. I would REALLY prefer it to be under the hood somewhere. Anyone that has installed meth on a 2015 please let me know where you mounted your tank and pump please.
I removed the active shutter system, modified the grill slightly, and used police grade zip ties to mount the tank right behind the grill on the passenger side. With a long transmission funnel, I can fill the tank through the top of the grill. I also painted the front of the tank black so you can't see it. My truck is at the shop getting fixed/modded, or I'd snap some pics of our rather unprofessional install, but it works. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts