F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock 2015 xlt 4dr with the 2.7l EcoBoost engine. I have been looking at tuners and decided I want the LIVEWIRE TS+.
My truck has the 6 speed tranny. Do the tunes need to be different for the 6 speed versus the 10 speed?

Mods I wanna do-
Exhaust system (undecided)
Banks or K&N cold air intake
Leveling Kit
LIVEWIRE TS+ ( If it supports 6 speed tranny)

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
I have a bone stock 2015 xlt 4dr with the 2.7l EcoBoost engine. I have been looking at tuners and decided I want the LIVEWIRE TS+.
My truck has the 6 speed tranny. Do the tunes need to be different for the 6 speed versus the 10 speed?

Mods I wanna do-
Exhaust system (undecided)
Banks or K&N cold air intake
Leveling Kit
LIVEWIRE TS+ ( If it supports 6 speed tranny)
Hopefully you're just doing the intake for looks and sound, that and the exhaust will provide little to no performance gains. Just FYI.

A tune of the other hand will be a huge difference.
I highly suggest you purchase your tuning device through a tuner with their custom tunes rather then run the canned tunes that come on the device.

I highly recommend 5 Star tunes
https://5startuning.com/got-2015-2017-f150-2-7l-v6-ecoboost/

If you're not dead set on the livewire I'd consider the X4, it's cheaper and does basically everything the livewire will it just doesn't look as pretty. I know a few people that had issues with the touchscreen on the live wire.
@5star

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
If you are buying a new tuner it will be specific to the year and power-train setup. Pretty sure the 10 speed was not available on a 2015. I'm using a SCT/Bullydog GTX from BrewCity Boost, on a 2017 2.7 6 speed. Works nice! KM

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 16 2.7 with 6 speed. I got a SCT X4 with custom 93 tune from Brew City Boost. I've only gotten to drive the intitial tune Casey sent and it's night and day from stock. I sent him my first datalog and he sent me my revision 2 days later. When my truck gets out the body shop the first thing I will be doing is loading the new tune. I did try the 93 octane SCT canned tune and it was minimal seat of the pants improvement. So first and foremost I would recommend a custom tune regardless of who you use. THere are several good tuners around. I just searched for 2.7 tuners and chose BCB. Keep us posted on what you do!

Upcoming mods

170 stat
CAC & tubes
downpipes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts