F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Im in need of some help with a problem that seems to have been popping up lately with my 2015 Screw 3.5. I keep blowing fuse 59 which is my starter fuse in truck. Not every time does it do it though. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for these trucks im wondering if i could visually check where wires may be going for any brakes or chew marks. I also noticed that last time i started my truck with the auto start feature the starter stayed engaged for probably 3-5 sec after the truck was started. Could that be causing a rush of power or could my starter be toast and causing my truck to blow this fuse? The starter has been starting the truck without a problem however the starter being engaged after the truck is started is a new development.
Any help would be great.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
as a follow up, i checked the terminals at the fuse and found no wires with continuity to ground. I bought a new Motorcraft starter and swapped it in along with a new fuse and so far have had no more issues. Im beginning to think that the solenoid was going bad and causing an excess of current draw on startup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.