F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
The firing order is 1,2,3 starting on the Front RIGHT/Passenger side and 4,5 & 6 start on the Front LEFT/Driver's side.

Basically the engine fires like two 3 cylinder engines, and why it sounds different from other V6s.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Sorry, you are right. That was a previous V6 engine (GM 60* V6).

But if you follow the firing order, it fires like 2 Three Cylinder Engines alternating, not like a V6. That was the main thing I remembered about these engines.

Most V6s I have seen from other mfgs use 1-5-3-4-2-6 (based on Ford's cylinder numbers). .

That is why our V6 sounds different from most V6s.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
And over the years, I have grown to love our funky sounding V6s.

I especially love it when some jerk attempts to cut me off; he hears me drop down a couple of gears, I out accelerate him, he looks at me and his lips say "What The Heck"?

And others don't bother saying the "WT".

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Moderstrator
4,485 Posts
Sorry, you are right. That was a previous V6 engine (GM 60* V6).

But if you follow the firing order, it fires like 2 Three Cylinder Engines alternating, not like a V6. That was the main thing I remembered about these engines.

Most V6s I have seen from other mfgs use 1-5-3-4-2-6 (based on Ford's cylinder numbers). .

Certainly no need to be sorry here. That said, I’d like to hear my wife say that once in a while. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
7,096 Posts
Yep the exhaust sounds better to me stock at WOT than modified at WOT. More of a deeper toned peed off bumblebee than a higher pitched peed off honeybee.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Certainly no need to be sorry here. That said, I’d like to hear my wife say that once in a while. :unsure:
I am still freezing when my ex said "It will be a cold day in hell".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.