F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! First post!!! Woohooo! Kind of sort like an introduction as I later realized I didn't do one when I bought my 2013 Lariat. Thanks to the forum for creating a section to Explorer owners.

Traded in my 2013 F150 Lariat for my 2016 Explorer Sport and this thing is SEXXXXXYYY! Very happy with the trade. Super stoked to say the least. It rides and handles very good and it's a powerful little beast! Looking forward to continue learning about the 3.5 Ecoboost on this other platform.

Enough with the words...sorry for the pics as my phone just got busted but here they go...they really don't do it justice...

IMG_0057.jpg IMG_0071.jpg IMG_0067.jpg IMG_0066.jpg IMG_0065.jpg IMG_0062.jpg IMG_0060.jpg IMG_0059.jpg IMG_0058.jpg IMG_0072.jpg IMG_0057.jpg IMG_0071.jpg IMG_0067.jpg IMG_0066.jpg IMG_0065.jpg IMG_0062.jpg

·
Registered
805 Posts
I specialize in those there vehicles. :)
I'm working with a 2016 Explorer Sport SEMA build to put some parts on it and possibly create charge pipes and intercooler setup.
Looks like a sweet ride man!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The truck stayed stock but this one is going to get some juice. I'll wait a bit but it's coming...

My only problem, as many of us have, is that sometimes I spend too much. Hehe

My last project was a 2006 king ranch dually with a brand new 2012 6.7 cummins tuned with EFI Live and a ford manual transmission conversion. That project was when the engine barely hit the market. As a matter of fact, I know some people around here might like to see that setup and final product so I'll dig some time into older pics and post it on another thread.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 4nines! I agree with the new grille design!

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
Is it front wheel drive or and?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Is it the same 365/420 as the truck? I'll bet that thing hauls...

My wife has the big brother to yours - a 2015 Expedition XL. It's not a turd but it's not a rocket either.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't believe Ford still doesn't put projectors in those. You have all the other light options but no HID's.
Yeah, I hear ya'. It's true, especially at how expensive the trim levels get nowadays. In my case though it's really nothing I even thought about or looked at though. I still agree with you though. You know what, I was slightly a bit more bummed that on the Sports you don't get the whole lateral and perpendicular parking feature. Again, something I don't need, by no means and my truck didn't have either, but I would have to admit that it would be something nice to show off every once in a while.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Finally convinced the wife to test drive the explorer on Sunday, she drove the XLT with the V6, Limited with the 2.3L, and the Sport....we ordered the Sport in Bronze Fire....all it took was one 5 mile drive.

Reactions: alwaysdanewbie

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats on the new ride. Finally convinced the wife to test drive the explorer on Sunday, she drove the XLT with the V6, Limited with the 2.3L, and the Sport....we ordered the Sport in Bronze Fire....all it took was one 5 mile drive.
Same to you. I think you'll definitely be happy with the purchase. I'm enjoying mine so far!

·
Registered
578 Posts
It's AWD. It's 365/350 with a 6 spd. Those paddle shifters behind the wheel are pretty cool also.
So they changed the sport to the AWD system instead of sticking with the 4WD (fWD with auto 4WD)?
I'm asking because I'm having a hard time getting my wife to buy into letting me trade in her 13 sport on a 16 sport, and AWD will be a deal breaker! IMG_3019.JPG IMG_3020.JPG

·
Registered
115 Posts
No the Platinum and Sport come standard with Ford's Intelligent 4WD not an AWD system. Not much of a fan of AWD systems myself, and still kind of wish the 4WD in the explorer was still a traditional selectable drive system.

Reactions: Red whoosh

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree. It's like if Ford said, "What???...You're telling me that you don't know when to use 4WD? Here, we'll make this knob that will tell you on your screen a situation you might be facing and if it matches..leave the knob there" hehe

1 - 20 of 43 Posts