F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can't believe Ford still doesn't put projectors in those. You have all the other light options but no HID's.
There's no hid's because the new explorer sports and limited's come with LED headlights. Not sure about the base models. and the previous model did have projectors, limited's came with hid's, sports came with halogen projectors.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Super sharp! Love the revised 16' look. Congrats!

·
Registered
5,967 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Im sad to report that I the explorer is no different as far as the ecoboost hiccups. It just turn 2k miles and I'm noticing the slight hesitation and the "fall flat on the face" feeling when trying to accelerate to pass other vehicles.

I was fortunate to not having these issues with the truck, even after 63k.

I guess I'll proceed to check the many recommendations on the forum for plug gaps and others. Never used a catch can on the truck so I guess I might be looking to it on this one though. Unfortunately just passed the 30 day mark and honestly, I love the vehicle so much that I'm really not considering returning it.

As soon as schedule permits, I'll start checking these things. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi everyone! Just wondering, I usually see gap numbers for tune ecos. What should the plug gaps be if not tuned? Anywhere where this is referenced? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
.28-30 stock plugs come at 30-32

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks Winchested. So I guess .30 is a safe bet either tuned or not then?

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
Yup. I'm not tuned and run .028

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
As an update, I actually haven't had time to check the plugs but, I don't know how, the Sport is not doing most of the things it was doing. Only thing I did was changed gas stations honestly. I've tried multiple times to stomp on it and see how it reacts and nothing.

The one thing is that around 55 mph, every once in a while it will "studder" a bit. It's so slightly that really, unless you're actually waiting for it and concentrated on the issue, you won't notice it. It's not always either so I guess I'll check those plugs when I have a chance.

Happy and crossing my fingers for now.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
Don't forget it has an adaptive trans.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Please sir. Tell us about all your boosted vehicles

Sent from my iPad Air using The app
2016 Turbo Diesel F350 DRW- great workhouse.
2016 Explorer Sport- Comfortable for road trips, decent MPGs and power
2015 Focus St- Fun commute car. Wish the torque steer wasn't so bad, about the only complaint I have for it.
2013 F150- best half ton ever made. Comfy, roomy, lots of power, tows great.

K

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
2016 Turbo Diesel F350 DRW- great workhouse.
2016 Explorer Sport- Comfortable for road trips, decent MPGs and power
2015 Focus St- Fun commute car. Wish the torque steer wasn't so bad, about the only complaint I have for it.
2013 F150- best half ton ever made. Comfy, roomy, lots of power, tows great.

K
Fix for Focus ST torque steer= trade in for Focus RS.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
21 - 40 of 43 Posts