F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2016 F150 XLT SC with the 3.5 Ecoboost with 3,000 miles on it. First issue is the truck vibrates at low rpms and for some reason I think it's in the transmission or transfer case. I say this because in 5th gear under load at low rpms between 1400-2000 it grinds and rattles like crazy. 4th and 6th gear there is some vibration and 6th is especially noticeable between 50-60 mph. The other issues I am having are one day while climbing a hill the truck refused to downshift. Again, I was in 5th gear and it was stuck in 5th gear. I was down to 30mph and kept on the gas and it wouldn't downshift. I coasted to a stop and it finally unlocked and went back to 1st gear. After this happened I started noticing a shudder whenever I would come to stop. It takes about 2 seconds and the truck will shudder and you feel it through the brake pedal like the transmission is switching gears or something. It's just weird. It's going to the dealer tomorrow and they are going to keep it for a few days. Haven't been able to get it to act up much this week. Any ideas as to what is going on? Thanks

·
Registered
706 Posts
I know that the 15-16's do vibrate at low rpms. My 16 3.5 does too. I don't know why but have read several posts about other owners experiencing vibration around 1500 to 1800 rpms. As far as your transmission not downshifting I have not ever experienced that, there is definitely something going on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.