F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have done a ton of reading before deciding to make a post on this. I’ll start out with a background of when my issues started. I purchased the 2016 EB about 8 months ago with 95kmiles.
I ran Chevron fuel system cleaner through it with ethanol free fuel on two full tanks. Afterwards I changed the plugs to the NGK iridium LTR6IX with a .032 gap. I got intermittent catalytic codes for both banks and after 2 months I started getting small shutters when the turbos were under load at 60mph+. Last week, I got 3 misfires along with the catalytic codes. I purchased both new magnaflow catalytics and installed them yesterday. Very expensive! Upon reading, I discovered the “weep hole” mod and went ahead and done it. About 15 drops of oil came out and then stopped. I pulled a travel trailer yesterday and the misfires started. Anytime I go up a hill faster than 35mph it feels awful. If I push it too hard, it’ll go into limp mode and I have to stop for a couple Minutes. This morning, I read the code and it had a P0304 cylinder 4 missfire with no other accompanying codes. This truck is basically stock. The only thing I’ve done is the VTA mod when I first got it. It does have a lift and bigger tires. Please help!! I have a camper to tow home and am afraid it won’t make it!
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Misfires can be caused by many things.
Coil, coil boot, plug, fuel injector, vacuum leak, low compression, leaky head gasket. The first 5 are more common but the others can happen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Misfires can be caused by many things.
Coil, coil boot, plug, fuel injector, vacuum leak, low compression, leaky head gasket. The first 5 are more common but the others can happen.

Copy. Thanks Scott.

·
Registered
Tuxedo Black 2012 F150 SCrew XLT EcoBoost
21 Posts
I'll preface this by saying I'm really new to the EcoBoost. But when I had my shudder issues I took the forum's advice and replaced the plugs with a .029-.03 gap. All my factory plugs were gapped around .032-.037. I've had zero issues since gapping them smaller. From what I've read, the next step is troubleshooting the coils.

My code was also p0304/cyl 4 misfire

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll preface this by saying I'm really new to the EcoBoost. But when I had my shudder issues I took the forum's advice and replaced the plugs with a .029-.03 gap. All my factory plugs were gapped around .032-.037. I've had zero issues since gapping them smaller. From what I've read, the next step is troubleshooting the coils.
Copy that! Did you use the Ford plugs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.