F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ‘16 3.5 that just got a new torque converter, new plugs and boots, and is now showing a PO430 code. My MPG is ranging from 12.7 to 13.7 (89k miles) when driving responsibly, I rarely gas it since I’m trying to get the best MPG. After reading other post is seems like others here are getting MUCH BETTER MPG than I am. Could this be a simple fix with new o2 sensors? I’m hoping the PO430 code isn’t the cat itself. I replace the air filter with every oil change around 2-3k miles.

·
Registered
7,784 Posts
I have a ‘16 3.5 that just got a new torque converter, new plugs and boots, and is now showing a PO430 code. My MPG is ranging from 12.7 to 13.7 (89k miles) when driving responsibly, I rarely gas it since I’m trying to get the best MPG. After reading other post is seems like others here are getting MUCH BETTER MPG than I am. Could this be a simple fix with new o2 sensors? I’m hoping the PO430 code isn’t the cat itself. I replace the air filter with every oil change around 2-3k miles.
Air filter is good for 15k miles you're throwing $ away.

Cats usually die if your dumping raw fuel and not burning it with misfires etc. Cheapest option is to change the associated 02s.

Reactions: Platiboost16
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.