F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
After living with my truck for 2 weeks, I have decided to try to remove the back only of the center seat. It doesn't allow the console lid to stay up when I want in the storage area. Removing the back only would allow me to get a backpack type organizer which would hang on a hook on the back wall. I could then get a tray organizer for the console.
Not really sure how many bolts I need to remove to achieve this goal. I started to remove the seats to get easier access but saw the airbag and stopped.
I also plan on building a back wall storage organizer for behind each seat to hold tools, spares, fluids, etc.
Any of you with standard cabs done something like this?
Thanks,
Lisa

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
2,225 Posts
Disconnect the ground cable from the battery then disconnect the airbags.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With my Land Rover D2's (sold) you disconnected the battery, had "a cup of tea", then disconnected the airbags. Apparently, it took 20 mins for voltage to drain down enough from wherever to make the air bags safe to mess with.

·
Registered
2020 F-150 STX 4x4 Supercab
61 Posts
I switched out a center seat for a full length console in my last Silverado. Not hard but lots to do.

yes, do disconnect the battery and the air bag circuits bleed off. Takes a half hour or so.

I had to remove both outside seats as the centers seat was set in place first by the factory and the outside seats were placed on top of the center seat.
Not hard but time consuming. Best

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
A bit late but I did remove my center seat/console on my RCSB 2017 XL. Did not disconnect the battery, maybe I was lucky , but there were no electrical connection just 2 screws securing the tray, 4 bolts holding the seat. Pulled it and replaced with a 56 quart Plano storage box.
Floor mat over the underseat electrics module. I will finish the floor and possibly upholster the box top, but this added a huge bunch of covered storage in the regular cab. The only part of a restraint was the female nbuckle attached to the center seat, again no electrical connections at all. KM

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
2,225 Posts
Might orta fasten it down somehow :oops:

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts
I've always wanted to see this truck with a 6-speed on the floor.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
butthead you're not to late, I have had to be ready to leave every day so I haven't done it yet. I was just going to remove the backrest and leave the bottom seat in. Otherwise, your truck looks like mine inside. Did you have to remove the whole seat or were you able to just remove the center portion? Zogg had to remove DS/PS buckets...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts