F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all. I have a 2017 2.7EB in California that I am starting to research performance upgrades for and so far have only found a tune from 5Star (60HP/100Ft.Lbs). Is there nothing else to be had? I reached out to Full Race as well as MPT with no luck. Forum search came up empty as well. Thanks in advance for any and all replies

·
Registered
4,658 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link! I definitely read it and had only found what I already posted, which is that a tune appears to be the only thing to increase performance. So even larger turbos like I have heard of for the 3.5 are a no go for my truck? Is it a lack of market, or is there a different reason for the absence of upgrades?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just missed your post Grim, sorry. I have an email out to them and am just waiting for a response. The other two tuners mentioned in the post were out of business or not recommended so I didn't bother with them.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
As for parts, I believe there is a CAC available (to cool the charge down). When I installed my CAC onto my truck, I was amazed how well it cooled the charge and the gain in top-end HP (actually eliminating loss HP is probably the correct term).

I am not sure about downpipes, but they introduce other problems like a CEL from the O2 sensor.

Personally the two best mods for any Ecoboost (regardless of engine or year) is Tune first, CAC second. If you are prepared to deal with CELs, downpipes.

Exhaust and CAI don't really do much.

Finally, as I understand, the 2.7 exhaust manifold is cast into the head making turbo swaps limited. If you wish to learn more about the 2.7, a buddy of mine who has a 2.7 EB Ford Fusion has a number of mods for his car. I am sure some could be adapted for the 2.7 F150.

Also, check out Stage 3. They have a Forum on this board in the Vendor section.

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
There are turbos available now. Both 5* and bcb have posted dyno results around 500 whp with e blend tunes.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a reply back from Brew City Boost. They don't send any parts/tunes to California due to CARB :(

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
You might try CR Performance directly, they are a forum vendor. And 5*. I don't know if they are selling the turbos but have published results from tuning one with them.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Got a reply back from Brew City Boost. They don't send any parts/tunes to California due to CARB :(
You could always send them to a friend. If that friend happens to stop by your house and forget them. . .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
mass-hole
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing