F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
@GearHead_1
My bad, I thought I made it clear there was a caveat with my comment that relied on you being a part of a commercial enterprise. You said you're not, I can dig it. I'm sorry if I came off condescending.

Regarding the sharing of information, that was squarely sent to the other fella. It's more than a little annoying, when someone posts on a public forum that they "found something" that was robbing them of horsepower, then when asked through private message, no less, the fella doesn't respond. So a post is made to call attention to a PM that was inbound, only to get a public response of....I saw your message, and chose not to respond to it. Now another individual trounces into his stomping grounds, and he's like WTF? why aren't you sharing intimate details of your setup?
THAT, behavior is hypocrisy in it's purest form.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Guidance in the right direction, ok.

Increase torque carried through shift, lower shift times. The way to do that, however, is spread out all over the calibration.

5150 pops, if you aren't pushing the poor turbos trying to make 500+ horsepower, you won't run into the issue. If you don't have a 2017 you won't run into the issue. It's only on the 17's and it's related to the snorkel.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
FWIW, I spent about 3 months working the 10R80 controls, and I still have a long way to go.

Hint for those of you "self tuning". Open up the Raptor and Mustang 5.0 calibrations, and look for the sport and drag modes. They will give you some hints on what can be lowered and by how much. The 10R80 is a major pain to tune compared to the 6R80.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
For those of you with ecoboosts (probably all of you)

This is a new table if you have the updated logic that adds 2018 shift character to the 2017 trucks which were previously controlling shift character straight off the button on the shifter ( 0 for normal, 1 for Tow and 2 for Sport/Track)
By default the Ecoboost has 0 in all these modes (but it has stock aggressive configuration settings in mode 2 that just aren't used for some reason)

Simply putting 2 in Off SST and LID for Sport will improve shift times slightly and feel much more aggressive (will chirp street tires)

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Guidance in the right direction, ok.

5150 pops, if you aren't pushing the poor turbos trying to make 500+ horsepower, you won't run into the issue. If you don't have a 2017 you won't run into the issue. It's only on the 17's and it's related to the snorkel.
That's part of the reason why I was curious, as far as I know, the 2018 Expedition is the same spec as (only available with 3.5Eco) the f-150 from 2017. I figured there's outside chance the snorkel assembly would be the same as the 2017 F-150, that's how Ford has done in the past with other models. Whatever was improved on 18+ f150 would show up in the 2019 Expedition using this train of thought, no matter how wrong an assumption it might be.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for the heads up about the shift character. I will have to update beta so I can get those tables. Took mine out today with the changes I made to the trans torque tables and got a 3rd gear chirp so I’m making some progress. I haven’t messed with shift times yet, I’m slowing making changes and doing the ol’ eye doctor style tuning (better 1 or better 2). Once I have some understanding of what each table actually does then I’ll make more aggressive changes.

Main thing I am lost with is converter tuning. Slip, unlock, and lock tables. All the auto I’ve had in past I put non computer controlled trans in so never really had a chance to really tune a auto trans and it seems im trying to learn a difficult trans lol.

Thanks again for any info you pass along and I totally get you wanting to keep some things secret.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Don't change the converter settings right now. besides making sure it's locked at wide open throttle range like 80+ plus throttle pedal.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts