F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What an improvement over stock, certainly the best sounding exhaust currently available.

Only filmed a cold start right after installation so far.

Sound has improved a lot over stock, no drone on the hwy, great tone under acceleration. In S mode, the downshifts sound awesome. At idle once warm, the truck will pop and burble when you rev the engine.

Install was very straight forward, fit and finish are excellent, quality product...I love the dual exit now with black chrome tips, makes it sort of stealth.

https://youtu.be/UVZmpWNBJuA

·
Registered
511 Posts
Is this with stock downpipes?
Sounds good might be a tad loud for what I would put on my own truck but I like it

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes stock downpipes, if you feel the atak may be to loud the type s system they offer is identical except they added another muffler in it to quiet things down

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have atak with dual side exit and Black tips too, love mine and agree with your points on quality /fit/sound/drone etc. From inside the truck and windows up I don’t think it’s really that loud for being their loudest set up but at the same time I wouldn’t really want any louder. I Honestly really like the sound and I like that it’s unique for a pick up. I think Ford should just take a lesson from borla on exhaust design instead of trying to cover up the sound and pump in fake engine noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have atak with dual side exit and Black tips too, love mine and agree with your points on quality /fit/sound/drone etc. From inside the truck and windows up I don’t think it’s really that loud for being their loudest set up but at the same time I wouldn’t really want any louder. I Honestly really like the sound and I like that it’s unique for a pick up. I think Ford should just take a lesson from borla on exhaust design instead of trying to cover up the sound and pump in fake engine noise

I couldn’t agree with you more, the fact that even though this is a V6 it can still actually sound really good.

I am very happy I did my research and watched a bunch of videos before I bought this setup, bit more pricey then others but it’s more then worth it!

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
No wot or hard throttle accelerations?
Seems like some exhaust sound pretty good at idle or low rpms on these engines but don’t think I’ve heard one on wot that didn’t sound like a Subaru.
Let’s hear a wot

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No wot or hard throttle accelerations?
Seems like some exhaust sound pretty good at idle or low rpms on these engines but don’t think I’ve heard one on wot that didn’t sound like a Subaru.
Let’s hear a wot

Literally just got it installed, will do a better review of it all later on this month.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What an improvement over stock, certainly the best sounding exhaust currently available.

Only filmed a cold start right after installation so far.

Sound has improved a lot over stock, no drone on the hwy, great tone under acceleration. In S mode, the downshifts sound awesome. At idle once warm, the truck will pop and burble when you rev the engine.

Install was very straight forward, fit and finish are excellent, quality product...I love the dual exit now with black chrome tips, makes it sort of stealth.

https://youtu.be/UVZmpWNBJuA
That sounds tough at idle. Look I want as well.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Exhaust video in a parking garage... that's cheating!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not a bad sound. I really prefer the corsa though. It seem to be quieter. That's what I was going for. Sounds good though. Funny how people like diffrent things like sound. Some stuff I like people hate and it's ok. I'm thinking hard about that exhaust for my RS though. They are the one of only two that offer a real turbo back system.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Except those Full Race downpipes are legit and definitely the way to go ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts