F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the truck has 3.15 open diff. I launched the truck a little over 1200 rpm but I eased into the throttle I didn’t just put it thru the floor board. But I just bought the Eaton trutrac LSD, SPD turbo adapters, SPD downpipe, full race Intercooler, 170 thermostat, and MPT did a little fine tuning after sending them my data log from the run. We will see if I can get the truck into the 11’s

·
Registered
695 Posts
I’d try a different tuner before dropping all that coin on mods.

Yeah the truck has 3.15 open diff. I launched the truck a little over 1200 rpm but I eased into the throttle I didn’t just put it thru the floor board. But I just bought the Eaton trutrac LSD, SPD turbo adapters, SPD downpipe, full race Intercooler, 170 thermostat, and MPT did a little fine tuning after sending them my data log from the run. We will see if I can get the truck into the 11’s

·
Registered
695 Posts
I’d still change tuners. Clearly the truck isn’t making the power it should with a 93 tune as evidenced by the 101.xx trap. Hell, guys have trapped about 100 in 2015-2016 crew cab 4wd trucks with any octane tunes (on 91) from other tuners. You should easily be able to pick up a few mph in the 1/4 with a better tune.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
I liked mpt when I ran them on my old 2013 3.5 ecoboost but honestly they ain't what they use to be, it seems they're getting left behind by companies like 5 Star, BCB... as far as track times. 5 star just keeps evolving and evolving.

Idk, just my opinion I guess

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be going to the track this Thursday with the revised tune they sent me. To see what it does now. I think when you first buy the tune from MPT it is very safe and conservative. After talking with them and sending my data log to them the new tune is a different animal.

·
Registered
159 Posts
With just a 93 tune i was trapping like 105-106 mph, e70 i did 108-110 mph. intercooler and e50 112 mph. Then i got grip and traction mods and worked the transmission tune over and did 116 mph.

Basically, you aren't doing 11's on this platform without ethanol fuel, and an intercooler is the most important mod. I'd get a catless downpipe ONLY so you don't destroy your stock cats if you return to stock. You absolutely will melt them in short order when tuned since the truck no longer has the fuel capacity to run rich to cool them down.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
I think when you first buy the tune from MPT it is very safe and conservative. After talking with them and sending my data log to them the new tune is a different animal.
This is pretty much true with all the companies

·
Registered
925 Posts
This is pretty much true with all the companies

If you aren’t data logging you aren’t getting a true custom tune. Tuners want to see how each truck truck reacts to their base maps before they go tweaking the tune to get more power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
If you aren’t data logging you aren’t getting a true custom tune. Tuners want to see how each truck truck reacts to their base maps before they go tweaking the tune to get more power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yup

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m new to the tuning world. I have a 17 3.5 eb and got the mpt tune. If I data log and send it to them would they be able to make adjustments or would I need to give them feedback?

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you send them your data log kinda let them know what your looking for they will adjust it accordingly
Thanks. Is this something I should do in the summer or does it matter. I’m in Vermont and the temp has been pretty cold recently. Also does the winter fuel blend make much of a difference in how they write the tune?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It doesn’t really matter unless there is ice and snow on the ground. They say you can give them a full 5th gear pull and it will be the same. I gave them a full 1/4 mile pull with a time slip. So they had some good data to pull off of.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the info boosted. No tracks around here will be open till May or June so I’ll send them a 5th gear pull. Appreciate it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is a little update with the truck. Track times coming soon.2017 Supercrew 2wd 3.5. Mod list MPT 93PRX tune, Eaton trutrac, VAS trac bars, SPD catted downpipe,SPD turbo adapters, AFE atlas 4” exhaust, FullRace Intercooler, FullRace catch can, MPT 170 thermostat, Nitto 420s 285/50R20

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well finally got the truck back out to the track with all the new mods on the truck. Track was Bradenton motor sports park track temp was high 90’s out side air temp was 88 degrees. Made 5 passes all passes were 12.92 at 106mph

1 - 20 of 20 Posts