F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking to replace my king ranch 2017 ecoboost, it’s the 10 speed. Can I replace it with any gen 2 engine from 2017-2020? I have multiple different Ford parts websites telling me two different part numbers for the engines and I’m getting very confused and frustrated. Can I put a high output engine in it? The part numbers I’m being told are either HL3Z-6006-D or HL7Z-6006-B

· Premium Member
17 Lariat SCLB Max Tow 4x4
1,211 Posts
Can I put the Higher HP into my king ranch? It should fit right?
You’d be better starting off with a better block and building up from there vs a stock raptor/limited engine.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appr
You’d be better starting off with a better block and building up from there vs a stock raptor/limited engine.
I appreciate the input but I really need to know if the High output engine will fit in my king ranch or what modifications I might have to make. I’m either replacing the engine with the non high output or the high output, somehow I can get the high output brand new cheaper from Ford than the non high output

· Registered
328 Posts
the only way to find out is to do it, it should be doable but do you have the patience to deal with run around if it doesn't work correctly

· Premium Member
17 Lariat SCLB Max Tow 4x4
1,211 Posts
There will be some hoops to jump through to make it happen. Anything can be made to work with enough work or work arounds. Turbos are different on the HO engines. Down pipes might be different too. Whether the HO engine will still end up a deal after is a big question in the air.

It’s your money and you can spend and build it how you want. We are just here to try and educate you with what we know honestly. Sounds like a cool project. Make a build thread if you do go this way. It helps others out in the future.

Reactions: stereotype one

· Moderstrator
3,079 Posts
I appr

I appreciate the input but I really need to know if the High output engine will fit in my king ranch or what modifications I might have to make. I’m either replacing the engine with the non high output or the high output, somehow I can get the high output brand new cheaper from Ford than the non high output
Cheapest price isn’t always lowest cost.
In my opinion, the unknowns to make a HO fit and then run right will soon cost more than a straight like-for-like replacement. Both in parts cost and your time cost. If it was an easy swap to the HO, there would be a lot of people with experience doing it.
I would go with a like-for-like replacement for overall lower cost.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheapest price isn’t always lowest cost.
In my opinion, the unknowns to make a HO fit and then run right will soon cost more than a straight like-for-like replacement. Both in parts cost and your time cost. If it was an easy swap to the HO, there would be a lot of people with experience doing it.
I would go with a like-for-like replacement for overall lower cost.
yea you’re right. Was hoping to find someone that had done it. Also found it weird that Tasca was telling me to use the HO part number for my vin..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts