F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Switching from being a long time Tacoma driver as I was not happy with there model change up and well liked the TT and 10spd so picked one up.
I am a little on the old school mechanic side so was ready to drop first oil at 600 (not waiting 6K to drop) picked up a mag oil plug along with oil and filter and first surprise no bolt as a drain plug so while getting ready to untwist the plastic plug I see oil is already on the outside of it from two bolts forward the plug. It appears the plastic oil pan may not be sealed correctly. Actually since its plastic you think the engineers would do o ring in lieu of RTV sealer.

Anyway besides me and a bunch of Raptor guys on another forum anyone else notice theirs leaking??

Glad I didnt start tinkering yet already have a Raptor wheel in my back seat and I guess I need to undo my catch cans...

also any dealer in north jersey that is lenient towards non motorcraft options say like a good catch can or two or swapping out IC?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
314 Posts
sorry to here about leak. Help me understand why the1st thing you do is to complain about truck? Did you even call the dealer before you posted about your leak? no post about the truck for over 600 miles but get a oil leak and I must post now?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mark
I had the same problem.I went to change the oil on my xlt. It has 20,000 miles on it. The oil pan was wet. I took it to the dealer and they said the oil pan had a leak and according to ford the oil pan had to be replaced and sealed. It was about a 3 hour job. This was about a month ago and it is still dry.
Tom

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the same thing..went to change oil today the oil pan was damp and you can see the pan is leaking between the block and the pan ..the sealant robot must have come to work drunk because you can see its applied very uneven. New to these undercarriage panels they seem like a good thing but they can hide a lot of **** too.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
sorry to here about leak. Help me understand why the1st thing you do is to complain about truck? Did you even call the dealer before you posted about your leak? no post about the truck for over 600 miles but get a oil leak and I must post now?
Lmfao

Because most people come to/find forums because they have a question or a problem and they're looking for answers/opinions.
Then from there they make post in useless threads like (what pissed you off today, what catch can to use, what octane fuel.....)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Interesting to hear a couple have run into this problem. As mentioned above, should have no problems getting it fixed under warranty but knowing the problem could be commonplace will help remind me to keep an eye on it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny how I wish to let some know of an instant oil leak and might not be a bad idea for some to inspect as well and I am the bad guy. So lets start with this I doubt that anyone here really knows me so for all who are bad mouthing me stuff it. I just spent 45K on a truck because some jet decided to land on my last one and the first thing I see is an oil leak in less than 2 weeks am I such a bad guy for disclosing that? Why dont you tell the PILOT to keep his damn plane off my truck and I wouldnt have this issue. None of my tacos leaked 200 or 200,000 so yes I am being a little critical SORRY if that upset you. Quite frankly I could tell Ford how to change there pan design so it doesnt happen and they could save a robot but not here for that either AND really one of the last things I want right now is to be BACK in a rental. but I guess being in a rental would be better than being in my last truck.

Do me a favor if you cant say something NICE to me save your fingers the wasted energy because I dont need to waste my time reading it.

ON a positive note if you read my post before being critical of me I would actually be glad that they have to drop the pan and replace it like the Raptor guys have been mentioning as all the break in crap goes by by I do want 200K out of this truck so cleaning all that is really best for me.

For the others with positive or helpful comments I really was looking to change to Ford as Toyota did nothing for me with their last change up and mods were more and more difficult. I wasnt expecting to do it with no real time to think about what I should get and wasnt allowed to wait to see how the 18s with the small diesels would turn out so on that note I do have big plans for my truck l already have a raptor wheel I guess I will wait a few weeks to wire up and there is already a catch can on it just need to change up the plumbing and/or add an extra one so both breathers are filtered but in due time I will get my truck to how I want it. I might even add some build picks, just didnt want to undo my stuff sooo soon but hey my time is free no big deal.

PS if any one in the NE needs things for a 05 to 15 taco I have be starting to list my extras on eBay starting with wheels and cap and some more will be added.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don't let the one post bother you. It's a friendly crew in this forum with a lot of information.

Let us know if you get any push back from Ford in repairing this. I doubt they will but who knows. And welcome to Ford and the forum. ☺

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thank you Dave, it was two guys but new truck new forum new unexpected issue and I was like what did they just say, and it better be smooth sailing with ford and I better get a loaner if not then I WOULD NOT BE HAPPY in no short terms. I have a ton of out of pocket money as of now so until it starts to bounce back form insurance companies I seem to be with a shorter than normal fuse...

Don't let the one post bother you. It's a friendly crew in this forum with a lot of information.

Let us know if you get any push back from Ford in repairing this. I doubt they will but who knows. And welcome to Ford and the forum. ☺

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Plastic oil pans now?? Did not know that.. Wow... I'm getting old for all this new tech stuff.. Hope my 13 lasts me for awhile!

Good luck! Mitch..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Why does the 1st post have to be about a problem? That the dealer will fix for free anyway? No hi guys I just got a new truck and here is a picture is this to much to ask for?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Respectfully, who cares? It sounds like his problem is legitimate but like you mentioned, he's getting his dealer to address the issue. All good.

Anyway, hopefully it's not a rampant problem with the 2017 models.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Thank you Dave, it was two guys but new truck new forum new unexpected issue and I was like what did they just say, and it better be smooth sailing with ford and I better get a loaner if not then I WOULD NOT BE HAPPY in no short terms. I have a ton of out of pocket money as of now so until it starts to bounce back form insurance companies I seem to be with a shorter than normal fuse...
Hmm I only noticed the one reply, unless someone else erase the other one and I didn't see it.

Regardless I hope the dealership get it taken care of quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,216 Posts
I'm sorry to say, but I find it hard to care about your oil leak until you elaborate on the jet landing on your truck. Haha

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
LOL, now that I think about it, that makes sense. Forget the leak, tell us about the jet!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I hope you have good luck at the dealership and come back with good news here. Don't be put off by a few negative comments. Maybe a drunk monkey will apply a better sealer than the drunk robot!!!

BTW......More about the jet landing on your last vehicle.

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
1 - 20 of 75 Posts