F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just today I got a check engine light and had the code read at autozone and it was a P0420 bank 1 catalyst system below threshold. I see that here are multiple possibilities but that it can be the oxygen sensor most of the time or converter. Truck has 63k and I will be going on a road trip on the 28th so was wondering should this be fixed before the long road trip? It is still under my extended warranty so my other option is to fly and rent a vehicle if needed and have the dealer look at it when I return. Codes read from the parts store are below

Mobile phone Telephony Mobile device Portable communications device Communication Device

Mobile phone Telephony Mobile device Portable communications device Communication Device

·
Registered
161 Posts
Same here, 2018 F150 2.7L. Dealer replaced my driver's side cat back in July. I think it took 3 months to come in. Luck would have it I have the code again and am waiting on a second cat for the driver's side. Service tech said it was fine to drive. Truck seems to run fine. On the first one the exhaust did get stinking somewhat.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
OK kind of what I was thinking. I have to drive 900 miles Monday and then a few days later drive 900 miles back so I'm thinking it's not gonna be a problem and I have a dealer appointment to have it checked and ordered when I return

1 - 5 of 5 Posts