F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
@DunePig you asked for a flyby
That thing looks and sounds really motivated!!, there is something about nice clean simple trucks that just haul which I cant help but love to see hahaha

Now im even more excited to get mine back after seeing this :D

How much power are the 2.7's capable of handling with a stock engine?

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well, there’s a handful of 500+ wheel horsepower 2.7s out there, so they can at least handle 600+ at the crank, but for how long, I don’t know.
Thats some pretty serious power though like well over the 100hp per litre mark which is crazy, hahaha nothing like driving a hand grenade it will either be amazing or on a tow truck be no matter what it will be exciting :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thus the Go or Blow!

I'd really like to keep it at a GO, so I'm trying to pin down a safe tune that is still exciting.

View attachment 180309
Hahahaha I have never seen that sticker or phrase before but thats awesome! yea i'm going down the same route I rather make a little bit less but have it make the power all day every day then build a hand grenade :)

Oh, yeah, my truck is 174hp per liter.
Is crazy to think about how far cars have come in the last 10 years power wise I remember going to dyno shows when a car gtr skyline making 400whp was just mind blowing and now its just the norm.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think no matter what your taste in modification is there is always a soft spot for a good sleeper in every tuners heart, a friend of mine had an E30 bmw that was turd brown, woollen sheep skin seat covers and even had winne the pooh window shades on the back winds to protect the decoy baby seat which put people off the scent of a 700bhp Toyota 1JZ under the bonnet.

I vote for the start of the BentRuby Sleeper Project :cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
View attachment 180575

View attachment 180577

I have a ton of work planned in the coming weekend.

-replacing my spd downpipes with these from cvf. They are are the “scratch and dent”

- transmission fluid and fliter. It’s going to be nice and easy to do at the same time and the downpipes

- brake fluid, oil change, serpentine belt, coolant drain and fill, spark plugs

I’m considering the super 8.8 lsd upgrade as well, not for this weekend but maybe in a few weeks. thoughts? Is there a better option?
It’s either that or a set of tires, the budget won’t budge any further.

Its like Christmas in July :)

The new pipes look amazing!, keen to see what the difference is like with them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts