F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
101 - 120 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Revolver Automotive exhaust Trigger Gas Exhaust system

Wrenching in a parking lot reminds me that I’m not as young as I once was.

of course I broke something, one of the screws that holds the eBOV to the adapter snapped under very light torque. It was rusted enough I guess. Luckily I had a stainless screw that should hold it for now.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Yesterday was a day.

Setting up my WDH for the new trailer, I cross threaded a bolt. I needed to raise the ball 2”. The nut would not tighten or come off so I was dead in the water. Cut the bolt off and went on our way with the non-WDH setup.

That was an experience! I had towed the trailer the night before when it was empty, but yesterday we were loaded for the weekend.. everything but a tank of water. I had to keep it under 60mph to feel safe.

Had to drive about 75 miles like that. Got new bolts and my new eBOV parts and played mechanic in a parking lot.

The rest of the 350 mile day was good. The trailer is much more composed with weight distribution in play. I’m still getting the P0299 underboost code if I let the truck build boost, but if I keep the rpms up manually shifting everything is good.

That screw I had to use to install the eBOV is suspect. I’m going to get proper hardware in there and try again. But for now, going to enjoy a weekend with the family.

Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Yesterday was a day.

Setting up my WDH for the new trailer, I cross threaded a bolt. I needed to raise the ball 2”. The nut would not tighten or come off so I was dead in the water. Cut the bolt off and went on our way with the non-WDH setup.

That was an experience! I had towed the trailer the night before when it was empty, but yesterday we were loaded for the weekend.. everything but a tank of water. I had to keep it under 60mph to feel safe.

Had to drive about 75 miles like that. Got new bolts and my new eBOV parts and played mechanic in a parking lot.

The rest of the 350 mile day was good. The trailer is much more composed with weight distribution in play. I’m still getting the P0299 underboost code if I let the truck build boost, but if I keep the rpms up manually shifting everything is good.

That screw I had to use to install the eBOV is suspect. I’m going to get proper hardware in there and try again. But for now, going to enjoy a weekend with the family.

View attachment 180008
Makes me want to pull the trailer and go camping... wife had been on me to go camping too!!!! Looks relaxing my friend

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,471 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,471 Posts
it’s bothering me when i stare at it that the F and the 0 have cutouts but the rest doesn’t. Wish it was all black.
Yeah. I wish I had just plasti dipped my original ones from the get go. But oh well, ya live and learn.

·
Moderstrator
1,959 Posts
it’s bothering me when i stare at it that the F and the 0 have cutouts but the rest doesn’t. Wish it was all black.
I agree. As I look at it more I think having black inside the F and O would be better.

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
83 Posts
@DunePig you asked for a flyby
That thing looks and sounds really motivated!!, there is something about nice clean simple trucks that just haul which I cant help but love to see hahaha

Now im even more excited to get mine back after seeing this :D

How much power are the 2.7's capable of handling with a stock engine?

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,471 Posts
That thing looks and sounds really motivated!!, there is something about nice clean simple trucks that just haul ass which I cant help but love to see hahaha

Now im even more excited to get mine back after seeing this :D

How much power are the 2.7's capable of handling with a stock engine?
Well, there’s a handful of 500+ wheel horsepower 2.7s out there, so they can at least handle 600+ at the crank, but for how long, I don’t know.

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well, there’s a handful of 500+ wheel horsepower 2.7s out there, so they can at least handle 600+ at the crank, but for how long, I don’t know.
Thats some pretty serious power though like well over the 100hp per litre mark which is crazy, hahaha nothing like driving a hand grenade it will either be amazing or on a tow truck be no matter what it will be exciting :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Thats some pretty serious power though like well over the 100hp per litre mark which is crazy, hahaha nothing like driving a hand grenade it will either be amazing or on a tow truck be no matter what it will be exciting :ROFLMAO:
Thus the Go or Blow!

I'd really like to keep it at a GO, so I'm trying to pin down a safe tune that is still exciting.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,471 Posts
Oh, yeah, my truck is 174hp per liter.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thus the Go or Blow!

I'd really like to keep it at a GO, so I'm trying to pin down a safe tune that is still exciting.

View attachment 180309
Hahahaha I have never seen that sticker or phrase before but thats awesome! yea i'm going down the same route I rather make a little bit less but have it make the power all day every day then build a hand grenade :)

Oh, yeah, my truck is 174hp per liter.
Is crazy to think about how far cars have come in the last 10 years power wise I remember going to dyno shows when a car gtr skyline making 400whp was just mind blowing and now its just the norm.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
An update if anyone cares.

I was told my truck is a sleeper by a tire tech a few weeks ago. I decided to lean into that. Not sure how far I'll take this, but here is my inspiration:

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

Step one, "new" grille.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Moderstrator
1,959 Posts
You know you’ll be opening back up the “do you still have those wheels” conversation…
But a sleeper with all the base badging, grill and wheels would cause folks to do a double take as you rush by. ;)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
You know you’ll be opening back up the “do you still have those wheels” conversation…
But a sleeper with all the base badging, grill and wheels would cause folks to do a double take as you rush by. ;)

I have the STX grille in my garage, and it will be going up for sale. I just need to clean all the dang bugs off it! It won't be cheap to ship, that's for sure. I'm going to try Facebook marketplace first, but if anyone is interested send me a PM.

101 - 120 of 176 Posts